Dissident author says Vietnam founder Ho Chi Minhs mistress was ”murdered by his comrades”January 22nd, 2009 - 1:21 pm ICT by ANI
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Jan.22 (ANI): Ho Chi Minh, the father of modern Vietnam, kept a mistress 40 years his junior who was murdered by his comrades, an author claims. The Telegraph quotes Duong Thu Huong, 61, whose works are banned but widely admired in Vietnam, as saying that the man the Vietnamese worship as ”Uncle Ho” kept a mistress 40 years his junior who was murdered by Communist Party bosses.
“His companions were terrified it would damage his saint-like image,” the author claims.
She also claims that Ho Chi Minh, who died aged 79 in 1969, hastened his own death in hospital to spite his fellow leaders and “cast a curse on the corrupt regime”.
Huong said that the key claims in her novel, The Zenith, are factually accurate and based on 15 years of research. She admits using some poetic license with other elements of the plot.
The novel has already caused a stir in Vietnamese intellectual circles with excerpts widely circulated on the Internet in Vietnamese and French before its official publication. It will be published in English later this year.
But it is certain to appall the country’’s contemporary Communist leadership, who brook little criticism and are currently engaged in a clampdown on the already tightly controlled media.
Ho Chi Minh led the Vietnamese independence struggle against France and then led the Communist North against South Vietnam and the US during the 1960s. He died before he could see victory in the conflict Vietnamese call the “American War”. (ANI)
- Vietnam, India mark 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations - Jan 05, 2012
- Rights group urges Vietnam to release jailed blogger - Aug 11, 2011
- Vietnamese man opens plane's emergency exit on runway - Nov 07, 2011
- With China on mind, Krishna heads to Vietnam - Sep 13, 2011
- Scientists Discover New Lizard Species At Buffet - Nov 12, 2010
- Vietnamese man to be freed soon from his 90-kilo tumor - Jan 05, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Australia's most wanted man arrested - Oct 11, 2011
- Making rain? Rubbished idea that may work - Jan 31, 2011
- Indo-US chemistry, the Americanised Vietnam (Vietnam Diary) - Oct 30, 2010
- Vietnam seeks better ties with India - May 13, 2010
- A first in 15 years: Indian Army chief to visit Vietnam (Lead) - Jul 21, 2010
- Jolie's son spends time with grandmother - Nov 23, 2011
- Six bronze medals for India in Vovinam meet - Aug 03, 2011
- Vietnamese airliner hosts mid-air bikini pageant - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: american war, chi minh city, clampdown, communist leadership, communist north, comrades, corrupt regime, dissident author, elements of the plot, fellow leaders, ho chi minh, ho chi minh city, independence struggle, intellectual circles, key claims, party bosses, poetic license, south vietnam, uncle ho, vietnamese independence