Dispute over 25-cm land leads to murder, suicideNovember 6th, 2008 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
Phnom Penh, Nov 6 (DPA) A dispute over a 25-centimetre strip of land in Cambodia ended with a man murdering his brother and sister-in-law and then committing suicide, media reports said Thursday.Police in Prey Kanlaong province said 42-year-old Chev Thuy fatally stabbed his brother and sister-in-law and then hanged himself Tuesday after a drawn-out argument over the inherited parcel of land.
The Phnom Penh Post reported the family had previously asked the local land authority to help resolve the dispute but were unhappy with its resolution.
Rights organization Adhoc said it would investigate the case to see if further action by the authority could have prevented the deaths.
- Man kills five relatives in Cambodia - Aug 20, 2010
- Pakistani guns down three family members - Jul 29, 2012
- Air France becomes first European airline to offer flights to Cambodia - Mar 31, 2011
- Cambodia seeks to resume talks with Thailand about disputed oil and gas zone - Aug 31, 2011
- Swiss man jailed in Cambodia for child sex - Sep 14, 2012
- Indian trade promotion office opens in Cambodia - Sep 02, 2012
- Fabio Cannavaro to help Cambodia promote football - Jan 09, 2012
- India, Indonesia back freedom of navigation in South China Sea - Jul 27, 2012
- ASEAN-India officials meet in Cambodia - May 27, 2012
- 130 workers faint in Cambodia - Oct 25, 2011
- Cambodia and Thailand agree to remove troops from disputed border - Sep 16, 2011
- Pregnant woman dies after drinking vinegar - May 22, 2012
- Khmer Rouge prison chief sentenced to 35 years in prison - Jul 26, 2010
- Manhunt continues for killer Tripura trooper - Apr 28, 2012
- Go shrine seeing, prison strolling in Cambodia - Sep 13, 2011