Dis relationship with paparazzi soured after divorceNovember 28th, 2007 - 5:17 pm ICT by admin
London, Nov 28 (ANI): The relationship between Princess Diana and the paparazzi soured after her divorce, when she no longer had the privilege of full-time royal bodyguards, the inquest into her death has heard.
Kenneth Lennox, former picture editor of British newspaper The Sun, said that the princess respected the fact that the press “had a job to do, and had been on pleasant terms with the paparazzi.
However, he said that once she was stripped off the services of the royal protection officers, younger, paparazzi-style photographers moved in with increasingly aggressive practices.
Lennox also revealed that Diana undervalued the level of interest she was generating in the final months of her life when she vacationed in the Mediterranean with her new lover, Dodi Fayed.
Testifying about how he was offered photographs of the crash in which the Princess died, Lennox told how the subject became “taboo” in the media in the subsequent years.
He said a clear division had to be made between experienced, highly skilled press photographers and paparazzi who specialised in snapping celebrities.
He also revealed how he had photographed the princess many times himself before becoming a picture editor.
“My relationship with her was as a photographer and a princess, and there was that gulf between us, although we did speak on occasions,” the Scotsman quoted him, as saying.
“I am not a friend, I never have claimed to be, but she knew I had a job to do and did her best to make my job easy. She was a very good subject, he added.
However, he added: “When the princess had protection there were certain distances we kept from her, it was all encapsulated in a form and a style.
“When she lost her royal protection a lot of the younger photographers would be a bit more aggressive about the way they went about getting the photograph.” (ANI)
- Lady Gaga has an acute fear of dying - Dec 12, 2011
- Gaga fears dying like Lady Diana - Dec 08, 2011
- Princess Diana's life to be made into a movie - Feb 06, 2012
- Princess Diana's wedding dress voted the best ever - Mar 29, 2011
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- When a footman got a Valentine's card from Diana - Feb 14, 2012
- Lennox the dog put to sleep in Northern Ireland - Jul 12, 2012
- Kate Middleton did her own makeup for engagement pics - Dec 14, 2010
- Queen's granddaughter declares she's single and available on Facebook - Sep 25, 2010
- Kate Middleton pips Diana to become '3rd most beautiful royal' - Apr 19, 2011
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Princess Diana stayed at my home with her sons in 90's, says Goldie Hawn - May 01, 2011
- Princess Diana, Dodi Fayed memorials to be removed from Harrods? - Aug 15, 2010
Tags: bodyguards, dis, divorce, dodi fayed, encapsulated, highly skilled, inquest, job, lennox, new lover, paparazzi, picture editor, press photographers, princess diana, protection officers, relationship, royal protection, scotsman, she knew