Di’s Pakistani lover wonders why he isn’t testifyingNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:10 am ICT by admin
However, he has not been called to speak at her inquest.
“I am not a legal man so I don’t know a lot about these things, but I was surprised that nobody called me. I would have attended if I had been asked,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Diana met Dr Khan at London’s Royal Brompton Hospital where she was visiting a friend’s sick husband. The couple fell in love and were soon enjoying passionate nights at Khan’s flat in Chelsea and inside Kensington Palace.
Friends of the late royal say that she even begged him to marry her, and went so far as to consider becoming a Muslim and travelling to Lahore, in Pakistan, in 1996 to meet his family.
However, Khan’s dislike of publicity, and fear that his family would not accept divorcee Diana doomed the relationship.
Last year, he told Lord Stevens’ 2006 inquiry into Di’s death that her moving to Pakistan would be the “only way he could see them having any sort of normal life together”.
The inquiry report stated that Diana even considered this.
“The Princess considered this an option for a while. She even went to Pakistan to speak to Jemima Khan about life there. However, after a while she no longer talked about Pakistan. Although she did not say so, Hasnat Khan got the impression she no longer considered it a possibility.” (ANI)
- Princess Di's doc lover set to marry colleague - Nov 23, 2009
- Jessica Chastain to play Princess Diana - Nov 08, 2011
- Watts shifts to London for Diana role - Jun 17, 2012
- Naomi Watts to play Princess Diana - Feb 10, 2012
- Princess Diana's palace opens to public - Mar 26, 2012
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Lady Gaga has an acute fear of dying - Dec 12, 2011
- Gaga fears dying like Lady Diana - Dec 08, 2011
- Gaga's shaven head, tribute to friend's mother - Sep 13, 2012
- Royal 'superfan' starts 3-day vigil to bag prime spot for Royal Wedding - Apr 27, 2011
- Di ended romance, not me: Dr Hasnat Khan - Mar 04, 2008
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Gaga gets cheeky, flaunts derriere - Sep 11, 2012
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: chelsea, death in paris, diana, dislike, divorcee, dr khan, hasnat khan, heart surgeon, i don t know, inquest, inquiry report, jemima khan, kensington palace, lahore, life together, pakistan, royal brompton hospital