Dis ex-butlers marriage hits the rocksFebruary 18th, 2008 - 5:01 pm ICT by admin
London, February 18 (ANI): After 23 years together, Princess Diana’s former Butler Paul Burrell and his wife Maria are headed for a divorce.
Burrell alleged that his wife dumped him because she had found another man.
Maria is currently in their family home in Farndon, Cheshire, while Burrell is at the couple’s Florida ranch.
It is said that the couple had agreed to keep their split under wraps; however, Burrell spilt the beans during a magazine interview, which is yet to be released.
“It is very difficult…and I don’t sleep. My wife and I are not together any more. I don’t think I will find anybody like Maria. It takes time to mend, News of the World quoted him as telling TV presenter Daphne Barak.
“But at the moment she is with someone. I won’t jeopardise that for her,” he added.
Burrell insisted that his bungled evidence at Diana’s inquest last month had nothing to do with his relationship with Maria.
He instead suggested that Maria might have taken this step because of him traipsing round the States, where he is fawned over like a superstar.
“I guess the travelling too muchI don’t know…perhaps she’s not attracted to me any more. I’m trying, really I am, just can’t shake it off…No the split is not related to the inquest. She’s just fed up of me travelling places and leaving her behind, he said.
“I offered to bring her with me but she always refuses so I don’t know why she complains,” he added.
When Maria was asked about her split with Burrell, she said: “I don’t want to speak to you.”
A source close to the couple, however, said: “Things haven’t been good between Paul and Maria for a while. She was noticeably absent from Paul’s side when he went through the ordeal of giving evidence. She feels she no longer has to suffer his lifestyle any more and is getting on with her new life.
“Paul is a bit of a luvvie and couldn’t stop himself from speaking out about the marriage split in the interview. He got very emotional when he was talking to Daphne, and blamed the marriage split on Maria. But obviously there are two sides to every story,” the source added. (ANI)
- Stalker threatens to kill Princess Diana's butler - Aug 20, 2012
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Princess Diana's former butler 'wants to patch up with William' - Nov 22, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Di's ex-butler to be joined by wife in Florida? - Jan 02, 2010
- Let me dance and sing, says Adnan Sami after divorce - Jun 22, 2012
- Paul Burrell still exploiting Diana's name for gain - Jun 08, 2009
- American buries his partner on top of his wife - Oct 18, 2010
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- Elton not performing at Prince Williams' wedding - Jan 25, 2011
- Nielsen stunned by Schwarzenegger's revelations - Jun 05, 2011
- Maria Shriver says that she felt confused after her split with Arnold - Sep 13, 2011
- Janeane Garofalo to make her Broadway debut with 'Russian Transport' - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: 23 years, butlers, cheshire, daphne barak, dis, divorce, farndon, inquest, jeopardise, magazine interview, marriage, news of the world, ordeal, paul burrell, princess diana, rocks, superstar, tv presenter, wife maria, wraps