Dis ex-butler too famous for BritainMarch 13th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by admin
London, March 13 (ANI): Apart from the ongoing inquest, Princess Dianas ex-butler Paul Burrell seems to have found yet another reason for not returning to Britain - his extra famous status.
The blabbermouth butler, who is refusing to return to the London High Court after being exposed for lying to the jury, has told Americans that he wont return to Britain because he is just too famous for the country.
While talking to a group of around 50 elderly women in Memphis, Tennessee, Burrell failed to mention why he fled to the US and also didnt give a reason as to why he did not obey a coroners order to answer to the High Court hearing in London.
Instead, the former royal butler prattled on as he tried to flog books and his own range of furniture to the group.
This is what happens when you are attached to an icon. You get followed wherever you go and people take your picture, The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Thats why Ive come to live in America the greatest country in the world because that doesnt happen in America.
I tell it as it is, I tell it straight thats who I am, I cant change who I am. I tell it as it is and some people dont like that but I am telling the truth, just the truth, he added.
The 49-year-old, who describes himself as Dianas rock, left his Cheshire home for a bolt-hole in Florida, but insisted that he is not splitting from wife Maria.
There were four women who influenced my life my mother, the Queen, my wife Maria and Princess Diana, he said. (ANI)
- Stalker threatens to kill Princess Diana's butler - Aug 20, 2012
- Princess Di's butler fails to find buyers for UK house and shop - Dec 07, 2009
- Di's ex-butler to be joined by wife in Florida? - Jan 02, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- Paul Burrell still exploiting Diana's name for gain - Jun 08, 2009
- Princess Diana's former butler 'wants to patch up with William' - Nov 22, 2010
- Paul Burrell to sell Di-cut jewellery - Jun 10, 2008
- Dis disgraced butler to return to UK for Christmas - Nov 12, 2008
- Diana's ex-lover James Hewitt considered suicide over public let down - Apr 25, 2011
- Princess Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell fears his U.S. career is in jeopardy - Jan 21, 2009
- Wife urges Dis butler Burrell to return to the UK to face the flak - Apr 16, 2008
- I had a sexual relationship with Di: Paul Burrell - Jun 15, 2008
- Paul Burrells wifes outrage at his refusal to return to Di inquest - Mar 08, 2008
Tags: blabbermouth, bolt hole, britain london, cheshire home, elderly women, four women, furniture, high court hearing, inquest, london high court, london march, memphis tennessee, paul burrell, princess diana, princess dianas, queen, sun, telling the truth, wife maria