Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell recalled to inquest over discrepanciesFebruary 23rd, 2008 - 1:23 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 23 (ANI): Princess Dianas former butler Paul Burrell has been recalled to the inquest into her death to explain revelations that he didnt tell the whole truth.
Coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker has called for the ex-aide to return to the witness box at the London High Court.
In a video recording revealed by British tabloid The Sun, Burrell apparently said he held back certain facts and introduced “red herrings” during his evidence at the hearing.
According to the newspaper, Burrell said in the footage: “I told the truth as far as I could - but I didn’t tell the whole truth. Perjury is not a nice thing to have to contemplate.”
In the tape, which the paper said was recorded in New York, Burrell said he was not willing to reveal the entire details of his conversation with the Queen after Diana’s death in a Paris car crash in 1997, reports The Sun.
The coroner launched an investigation following the revelation of the tape and asked to see the full video of the conversation.
If the coroner confirms Burrell has committed perjury, the former butler could get a maximum ten-year jail term.
Judicial Communications Officer Peter Farr said: The Coroner has asked Mr Burrell to return to court to explain discrepancies between the evidence he gave . . . and the material which is contained in the transcripts of the recording taken by The Sun. (ANI)
- Dis former butler Burrell may face perjury probe - Mar 07, 2008
- Burrell trying to wriggle out of grilling at Di inquest - Mar 03, 2008
- Scotland Yard to probe Dis ex butler Paul Burrell over perjury - Apr 09, 2008
- Paul Burrell wont be investigated for perjury during Di inquest - Mar 08, 2008
- Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell escapes perjury probe - May 10, 2008
- Paul Burrells wifes outrage at his refusal to return to Di inquest - Mar 08, 2008
- Dis butler admits he didnt tell the whole truth at inquest - Feb 18, 2008
- Stalker threatens to kill Princess Diana's butler - Aug 20, 2012
- Dis former butler Paul Burrell could now face perjury inquiry - Apr 08, 2008
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- Princess Dianna's ghost caught on camera - Jan 19, 2012
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Leaked Radia tapes doctored, government tells SC - Jan 31, 2012
- NASA captures solar flare on video - Jun 09, 2011
Tags: british tabloid the sun, communications officer, coroner, discrepancies, farr, inquest, london feb, london high court, lord justice, nice thing, paris car crash, paul burrell, perjury, princess dianas, red herrings, scott baker, tabloid the sun, video recording, whole truth, witness box