Dis ex-butler Paul Burrell dismisses royal plot theoryJanuary 15th, 2008 - 3:43 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 15 (ANI): It was impossible that the fatal car crash that killed Princess Diana, along with her lover Dodi Al Fayed, was conspired on the orders of the Royal Family, the inquest into her death has heard.
Dianas former butler Paul Burrell dismissed Dodis father Mohamed al Fayed’s claims that the Paris crash, which took place on Aug 31, 1997, was staged by MI6 on the orders of Prince Philip.
He also discounted the possibility that Dianas ex-husband, the Prince of Wales, played a part in the tragedy.
Al Fayed is convinced that MI6 plotted the crash on the orders of Prince Philip to prevent the couple marrying.
Asked by Ian Burnett QC, counsel to the inquest, if he knew of anything to support the idea that Diana and Dodi were murdered, Burrell said: “No, I can’t begin to believe that.
“Knowing the members of the Royal Family as I do, and knowing them so well, I think that’s impossible, BBC quoted Burrell, as saying.
Dismissing suggestions that Prince Philip had written “nasty” letters to Diana during her divorce, he added: “The Princess was mother of his grandchildren, why would he want to harm her? It’s not possible.”
The court has seen a letter written by Diana in which she expressed fears that her husband was planning “an accident” in her car.
When asked by Burnett if he took seriously the suggestion that Prince Charles was going to kill Diana Burrell said: “No, I could not possibly see the father of her children murdering her. It was not possible. The Princess always had a great fondness for Prince Charles even after her divorce.
“Prince Charles was not capable of murdering the Princess - they were cordial towards the end of her life, he added.
Burrell also told the court that Diana had considered having a secret marriage to her soul mate heart surgeon Hasnat Khan.
He also revealed that Diana’s mother Frances Shand Kydd strongly disapproved of the relationship and branded her a disgraceful whore for messing around with Muslim men.
She called the Princess a whore and said she was messing around with effing Muslim men and she was disgraceful, and said some very nasty things, he said. (ANI)
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Di dubbed disgraceful whore by mum - Jan 15, 2008
- Princess Di's comic book branded 'disgusting' over 'cruel' content - Nov 09, 2009
- Princess Di's life story turned into comic book - Nov 03, 2009
- Princess Diana Steps Into The World Of Comics - Oct 29, 2009
- Di wanted private marriage to Hasnat Khan - Jan 15, 2008
- Princess Diana's former butler 'wants to patch up with William' - Nov 22, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- Dis Crown Jewels missing: Sister - Jan 30, 2008
Tags: diana burrell, fatal car crash, fondness, frances shand, heart surgeon hasnat khan, inquest, london jan, mi6, mohamed al fayed, mother frances, nasty letters, paris crash, paul burrell, prince charles, prince of wales, prince philip, princess diana, royal family, secret marriage, soul mate