Dis butler Paul Burrell quitting Britain to settle permanently in the USJanuary 2nd, 2008 - 5:28 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 2 (ANI): Princess Dianas former butler Paul Burrell is quitting Britain to settle down permanently in the US, after securing his green card, it has been revealed.
Burrell, who has been accused of cashing in on his connection to Diana, has been permitted to stay in the US indefinitely, after being granted the special document.
Now I am a resident of America, the Daily Express quoted him, as saying.
I actually have a green card so I can stay here for as long as I like. It works very well because most of my work is here now. Its not in England, he added.
The 49-year-old is living in Florida with his wife Maria and their two sons Alexander and Nicholas.
I love the climate, I love the state. The Princess loved America. It was her dream to have a home here in America, too. She would say, Paul, we can give the boys an outdoor lifestyle, we can give them that freedom they dont have in England, he said.
And in a way thats what Im doing now. Im fulfilling so many different ambitions and dreams by being here, he added.
Burrell was severely criticized for cashing in on Dianas memory, and also provoked Princes William and Harry to deliver a very public snub when they refused to invite him to their mothers memorial service last summer. (ANI)
- Princess Diana's former butler 'wants to patch up with William' - Nov 22, 2010
- Paul Burrell still exploiting Diana's name for gain - Jun 08, 2009
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Stalker threatens to kill Princess Diana's butler - Aug 20, 2012
- Prince William preparing to wed Kate Middleton, says Diana's former butler - Aug 15, 2010
- Princess Di's butler fails to find buyers for UK house and shop - Dec 07, 2009
- Di's ex-butler to be joined by wife in Florida? - Jan 02, 2010
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- Burrell ''wants to make peace with Princes William, Harry'' - Mar 12, 2009
- P. Diddy's house rule - wear slippers! - May 05, 2012
- When a footman got a Valentine's card from Diana - Feb 14, 2012
- Paul Burrell to be subject of comedy biopic? - Apr 07, 2009
- Burrell 'plans to appear in documentary to clear his name' - Jun 23, 2009
- Diana would be very happy with Kate Middleton: Sir John Elton - Apr 26, 2011
- Paul Burrell to sell Di-cut jewellery - Jun 10, 2008
Tags: alexander, ambitions, climate, daily express, diana, dis, dreams, england, freedom, green card, living in florida, london jan, memory, outdoor lifestyle, paul burrell, princes william and harry, princess dianas, snub, wife maria