Difficult to stop Norway-style attack, says British officialJuly 25th, 2011 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 25 (IANS) British security forces might not be able to stop a Norway-style terror attack, Foreign Secretary William Hague has said.
Hague said it was harder to prevent atrocities by determined individuals than sophisticated networks such as the Al Qaeda, the Daily Express reported.
“We will check that enough attention is being given to all forms of terrorism. You have to have as many defences in place as you possibly can.”
“But even then of course - and it’s important to stress this - you cannot guarantee being able to prevent every attack or every kind of attack,” Hague was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, Muslim leaders in Britain said they had tightened security at all mosques across the country after it was revealed that Norway attack accused Anders Breivik was against Muslim immigration to Europe.
- Norway killer's dad wants to publish book about son - Aug 02, 2012
- Italian lawmaker apologises for backing Breivik ideology (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Norway mass killer says acted in defence of nation - Apr 16, 2012
- Go to hell: Man tells Norway killer at trial - May 11, 2012
- Norwegian mass killer sentenced to 21 years in jail (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Norway to build separate psychiatric ward for Breivik - Jun 29, 2012
- Norway killer's friends viewed him as gay - May 29, 2012
- It was gruesome but necessary, says Norway attacker - Jul 24, 2011
- Norway attacker took paramilitary training in Belarus - Jul 28, 2011
- Norway judge dismissed over call to execute killer - Apr 18, 2012
- Norway police chief resigns over Breivik attack - Aug 17, 2012
- Italian leader supports Norwegian attacker's views - Jul 28, 2011
- Breivik planned more Oslo attacks, says lawyer - Jul 29, 2011
- Norway failed to act on Breivik 'explosives' report - Jul 26, 2011
- Norway killer refuses to disclose militant contacts - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: al qaeda, atrocities, british security forces, daily express, defences, europe, forms of terrorism, immigration, london, mosques, muslim leaders, norway, secretary william, sophisticated networks, style attack, terror attack, william hague