Did Hitler sketch Disneys Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs characters?February 23rd, 2008 - 1:13 pm ICT by admin
London, February 23 (ANI): The director of a war museum in northern Norway claims that he has discovered cartoons of Disney characters that late Nazi leader Adolf Hitler drew during World War II.
William Hakvaag said that he found the drawings hidden in a painting signed “A. Hitler”, which he purchased at an auction in Germany.
According to him, the coloured cartoons were of the characters Bashful and Doc from the 1937 Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which were signed A.H.
There was also an unsigned sketch of Pinocchio as he appeared in the 1940 Disney film, he said.
Hakvaag said that he had performed tests on the paintings, which suggested that they dated from 1940.
“I am 100 per cent sure that these are drawings by Hitler. If one wanted to make a forgery, one would never hide it in the back of a picture, where it might never be discovered,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
He insisted that the initials on the sketches, and signatures on the paintings, matched other copies of Hitlers handwritings.
Before becoming a politician, Hitler tried to make a living as an artist, the report said, and added that although there was no confirmation that the drawings discovered by Hakvaag were the work of the Nazi leader, Hitler is known to have owned a copy of Snow White, the classic animated adaptation of a German fairy tale.
It is said that he used to view the movie in his private cinema.
“Hitler had a copy of Snow White. He thought this was one of the best movies ever made,” he said. (ANI)
- Sketches of Hitler's artist who erased name from files post war up for grabs - Apr 04, 2011
- 30000 pounds for rare copy of Mein Kampf signed by Hitler - Apr 11, 2011
- Hitler stole Beetle idea from Jewish engineer: Book - Jan 16, 2012
- Hitler once spared the life of a Jew - his ex-officer - Jul 06, 2012
- Rare Hitler colour photos found - Jan 12, 2012
- Hitler once worshipped as Vishnu in elite Kolkata homes: Historian - Jun 07, 2010
- Disney's 50th animated feature 'Tangled' to hit Indian screens Jan 21 - Jan 09, 2011
- Hitler's heroic exploits in World War I 'were a Nazi propaganda myth' - Mar 14, 2011
- Hitler's signed autobiography to go on sale - Apr 11, 2011
- Wanting to fight Nazis, Hitler's nephew wrote to Roosevelt - Aug 02, 2012
- Hitler's last surviving bodyguard stops replying to fan mail - Jan 28, 2011
- Oz primary school apologizes for awarding prize to Hitler costume - Aug 27, 2010
- Hitler's exhibition in Berlin extended due to throngs of visitors - Jan 07, 2011
- Revealed: RAF's bizarre plot to kidnap Hitler through his pilot - Jan 31, 2011
- Sigmund Freud may have had Adolf Hitler painting - Feb 13, 2010
Tags: adolf hitler, animated adaptation, becoming a politician, disney characters, disney film, drawings, fairy tale, forgery, handwritings, initials, nazi leader, northern norway, pinocchio, private cinema, sketch, sketches, snow white and the seven dwarfs, snow white and the seven dwarfs characters, war museum, world war ii