Did Dodi buy engagement ring for Di just before their death?November 14th, 2007 - 2:30 am ICT by admin
On Oct 18, the team of jurors was also shown CCTV footage of Al Fayed looking at jewellery at an exclusive store in Paris, just hours before the fatal crash that killed the royal and him in Paris.
They were told that a gold and diamond ring from Alberto Repossi’s “Dis-moi oui” range - “Tell me yes” - was later found at Al Fayed’s apartment.
Another 60,000 pounds ring was returned to Repossi’s shop on Sept 3, three days after the crash in the Alma underpass in the French capital, the inquest heard.
The court heard that Dodi slipped out of their imperial suite at the Ritz Hotel to visit the shop while Diana was getting ready. Al Fayed is seen choosing the ‘engagement ring’
Minutes later, CCTV cameras in the Ritz show the Egyptian heir climbing the hotel’s staircase and getting back to the suite he and the Princess shared.
Harrods boss Mohammad Al Fayed has alleged the crash was actually an Establishment Conspiracy because his son and the princess were to announce their engagement that day.
However, the late royal’s family and friends have refuted any suggestions of planned engagement.
Coroner Lord Scott Baker, who is leading the inquest, has asked the jury to ‘consider carefully’ any proof of forthcoming announcement.
The inquest heard that one close friend, socialite Lady Annabel Goldsmith, discussed marriage with Diana shortly before she died.
“I need marriage like a rash on the face,” Diana replied. (ANI)
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- 'Diana died after plan to frighten her into leaving lover went horribly wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Mohamed al-Fayed claims he torched Harrods' royal warrants - Aug 23, 2010
- Jeweller who arranged ring for Dodi accused of lying - Dec 07, 2007
- 'Innocent' Princess Di's driver 'set up' by French authorities, claims book - Mar 15, 2010
- Fayed knew Diana-Dodi crash was a plot the moment it occurred - Nov 30, 2007
- Princess Di's driver's blood test 'wasn't verified' - Aug 09, 2010
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Dis driver was in regular contact with French intelligence - Dec 06, 2007
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- The ring Dodi picked for Di was from budget range - Dec 12, 2007
Tags: alberto repossi, alma underpass, cctv, crash, diana, dis moi oui, dodi, engagement ring, french capital, harrods boss, imperial suite, inquest, lady annabel goldsmith, marriage, mohammad al fayed, paris, princess, ritz hotel, scott baker