Did Diana have an affair with singer Robert Plamer?April 18th, 2010 - 3:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 18 (ANI): A new scandal could rock the royal household in the UK as rumours about Diana’s affair with singer Robert Palmer are doing rounds.
The gossip started when journalist Ian Halperin claimed a close friend of the late Palmer had confirmed the affair.
“It was an extramarital affair that could have hurt a lot of people, the friend said. Diana was in love with Robert and wanted to spend every second with him,” the Daily Express quoted Halperin, as saying on his site.
“The source insists that the affair was the final straw in Diana’s marriage to Charles. Two years later they divorced,” he added.
Suspicions were aroused when the post was taken off his site ianundercover.com within days of it being published.
Palmer’s widow, Mary Ambrose, closed her Facebook page amid the allegations.
Mary, Palmer’s second wife, was with him when the affair is said to be have taken place.
Palmer and the late Diana are believed to have been so smitten with one another that she inspired his 1988 number Simply Irresistible and was the inspiration for his 1994 record Honey.
Halperin even believes that Diana became pregnant and had an abortion.
He said: “She went to a private clinic to avoid the biggest scandal ever in Britain.
“They never slept together again because Diana was terrified what Charles would do to her.”
However, Palmer’s long-time manager Mick Cater has dubbed the claims “total and utter rubbish”.
He said: “He never even met Princess Diana. Whoever’s written it is lying.”
Halperin said his abortion claim “100 per cent” true but his sources could not be sure that Palmer was the father.
He said: “My sources say Diana had an affair with a rocker called Robert and assumed it was Robert Palmer, but more information has come to light which casts doubt over the story.
“I have since spoken to someone very close to Robert Palmer who says it isn’t true and he swears he wouldn’t give me the run-around.
“If I can’t prove it, I don’t post it. I stand by the story but it was probably another Robert.” (ANI)
- Mary Kay Letourneau's Story Airs On TV - Nov 04, 2009
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Liberty Ross wants to meet Pattinson - Aug 05, 2012
- Angelina Jolie 'wants to be like Princess Diana' - Feb 08, 2010
- Dumped Hong Kong woman puts intimate pics on Facebook - Feb 26, 2011
- Obama's long-lost Irish relatives 'not pleased at hearing ancestry' - Mar 18, 2011
- US broadcaster suspends analyst for insulting Obama - Jul 01, 2011
- Mining magnate launches rival football body in Australia - Mar 01, 2012
- Arnie spent two hours in a private room with Playboy bunny - Sep 27, 2010
- US judge throws out whistleblower case against Infosys - Aug 21, 2012
- 'The Breaking Dawn Part 1' melodramatic, sloppy (IANS Movie Review - Rating:**) - Nov 24, 2011
- Have a go at my ex-girlfriend, says man in email - Mar 30, 2011
- US whistleblower accuses Infosys of visa fraud - Apr 13, 2012
- Pattinson wants man-to-man chat with Sanders - Jul 29, 2012
- PBS to air documentary about Clinton Lewinsky affair - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: abortion, allegations, daily express, extramarital affair, final straw, ian halperin, mary ambrose, mary palmer, princess diana, private clinic, robert palmer, robert plamer, royal household, rumours, scandal, second wife, suspicions, time manager, utter rubbish, widow mary