Diana’s gowns to be displayed at British palaceMarch 10th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 10 (IANS) Five “famous” gowns of Princess Diana will soon be put on display for the public for the first time at the Kensington Palace in Britain.
The exhibition titled “Diana: Glimpses Of A Modern Princess” will showcase three gowns which have never been put on public display before, the Daily Express reported.
Queen Elizabeth will formally reopen the Kensington Palace after a 12 million-pound renovation.
The dresses on display include a black silk taffeta gown with a plunging neckline that the then 19-year-old Diana wore on her first official engagement with Prince Charles at Goldsmiths’ Hall in London in March 1981.
The current owner of the gown — Chilean national Jorge Yarur Bascunan — has loaned the dress for the exhibition, along with a Catherine Walker dress Diana wore in Thailand in 1988 and a cocktail dress by Bellville Sassoon Lorcan Mullany.
The exhibition will open from March 26.
- Iconic Diana Dress Sold At $276000 - Jun 09, 2010
- Princess Di's dress fetches record price at auction - Jun 09, 2010
- Sale of Princess Diana's Black Dress Fetches $276,000 - Jun 10, 2010
- Princess Diana's wedding dress on display - Oct 28, 2011
- Princess Diana's dress fetches $276,000 at auction - Jun 09, 2010
- Princess Diana's wedding dress voted the best ever - Mar 29, 2011
- Princess Diana's palace opens to public - Mar 26, 2012
- Lady Diana's former home to become 'enchanted palace' - Mar 25, 2010
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- Catherine's wedding gown to go on display - Jun 07, 2011
- Princess Diana's dress fetches $816,000 - Jun 26, 2011
- Has Kate Middleton picked Princess Diana's label for wedding dress? - Feb 06, 2011
- Famed Designer Catherine Walker Passes Away At 65 - Sep 27, 2010
- British Fashion Designer Catheirne Walker Expires - Sep 27, 2010
- Watts shifts to London for Diana role - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: 19 year old, black silk, catherine walker, cocktail dress, daily express, exhibition, glimpses, goldsmiths, gowns, kensington palace, london march, lorcan, old diana, plunging neckline, prince charles, princess diana, queen elizabeth, renovation, showcase, silk taffeta