Di poised to announce pregnancy the night she died?November 14th, 2007 - 2:26 am ICT by admin
Thierry Orban, a photographer, told police that he had been at home in Paris when his chief editor called him between 9pm and 9.30pm and asked him to go to the Ritz Hotel because an announcement was expected.
“He told me that there were rumours of an announcement that Lady Diana was getting married or having a baby and asked me to go to the Ritz Hotel,” The Sun quoted him, as stating in a statement read to the jury.
Mr Orban, of the Sigma picture agency, told the jury that though he had at first refused to go to the hotel, he went to the Pont de l’Alma tunnel after the crash.
He stayed at the scene of the crash until a police car carrying a group of photographers and the Princess’s ambulance left.
He also revealed that he had photographed the ambulance when it stopped just a short distance from the Pitie Salpetriere Hospital when Diana’s condition took a turn for the worse.
He said: “The ambulance stopped, the driver got out and got into the back, that was when I took the only photograph of the ambulance which in any case was blurry.
“It was rocking as if they were doing cardiac massage.
“Then the ambulance carried on to the Pitie Salpetriere Hospital. From there I turned back.” (ANI)
- Chauffeur behind Princess Di's death was 'framed as a drunk driver' - May 20, 2010
- Letter on Di's fears of being killed withheld by senior police officers - Sep 26, 2009
- Frenchman who 'heard Diana's dying words' exposed as a common thief - Nov 02, 2010
- 'Princess Diana was murdered' - Jul 22, 2010
- Lady Gaga has an acute fear of dying - Dec 12, 2011
- Tony Blair 'worried for Princess Di' when she started dating Dodi Fayed - Sep 03, 2010
- Princess Diana's life to be made into a movie - Feb 06, 2012
- `Princess Diana died as attempt to scare her went wrong' - Mar 12, 2010
- Di's jury coach crashes in Paris - Nov 14, 2007
- Princess Di has concluded her death was a 'well-planned accident': Psychic - Aug 31, 2010
- New book tells story if Diana had not died in car crash - Jan 06, 2011
- '500 pieces of crucial evidence withheld in Princess Diana inquest' - Aug 07, 2010
- Di's death was not an accident, says leading lawyer - Sep 02, 2009
- Dis drivers status allowed him to drink unchallenged - Dec 05, 2007
- Controversial novel was Lady Di's idea, says Valery Giscard d'Estaing - Sep 24, 2009
Tags: ambulance, announce pregnancy, blurry, car carrying, cardiac massage, chief editor, crash, getting married, having a baby, jury members, lady diana, mr orban, paparazzi, pitie salpetriere hospital, police car, ritz hotel, she died, told police