Devegowda releases JDS manifestoMay 5th, 2008 - 10:42 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, May 5 (ANI): Janta Dal Secular Chief H.D Devegowda on Monday presented his party’s manifesto in Bangalore, which highlighted his party’s projects for the poor, farmers and the minorities in the State.
Devegowda said that his party would not make false promises unlike BJP and Congress who raised slogans of Garibi Hatao and Berozgari Hatao.
He also talked about the Congress promises of giving free power to the states of Punjab, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra, which were never fulfilled?
“I have seen the promises made by the Congress in the last ten years. Now they say we are for the poor farmers. You must know that the people of this country are able to understand the promises made by the politicians. They promised free power in Punjab, Andhra and Maharashtra but what happened? questioned Devegowda.
He stated that his party’s main motto is to implement the works written in the manifesto and not to keep a track on Mayawati’s vote bank in Karnataka.
I’m not going to react on Mayawati’s party and which vote bank is she going to cut or which vote bank she is going to add. My party base is only made on promises,” said Devegowda.
In the eye of the public, though, Gowda wants to make it look as though he still upholds secular values. (ANI)
- Akali Dal promises laptops, data cards to students - Jan 22, 2012
- BJP manifesto is against minority reservation; for Ram temple - Jan 27, 2012
- Rape victims will be given government jobs: Mulayam - Jan 29, 2012
- Gadkari mum to query on Kushwaha's induction - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP's high-stakes gamble in Karnataka panchayat polls - Dec 21, 2010
- I hold master key to power, thunders Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- BJP promises to remodel Mayawati monuments, oppose minority quota (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Anna act will put politicians under public scrutiny (Comment) - Sep 03, 2011
- Mulayam, Mayawati neglected Muslims, development: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 28, 2012
- Akhilesh assumes charge, shunts out Mayawati loyalists - Mar 15, 2012
- Karnataka is political theatre for the Reddy brothers (News Analysis) - Dec 10, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi no potent political force, says BJP - Jun 03, 2011
- Agriculture, industry to go hand in hand: Trinamool manifesto (Lead) - Mar 21, 2011
- Social group analyses manifestos in West Bengal - Apr 17, 2011
- Yeddyruppa government facing tempestuous Assembly session - Feb 24, 2010