Details of Benazir’s 1.5 billion dollars assets on webNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:27 am ICT by admin
Interestingly, a top government official shared these details with some members of the media.
The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and its top leadership has been consistently denying that Benazir and her spouse Asif Ali Zardari own assets worth 1.5 billion dollars.
The PPP has always insisted that the corruption cases were politically motivated. However, the NAB and its predecessor Ehtesab Bureau have been quoting the figure of 1.5 billion dollars as the looted money, The News reported.
According to the details contained in the lately circulated e-mail, the foreign assets of Benazir are: Properties in the UK include Rockwood Estate, Haslemere Road, Brooke, Surrey, Flat 6,11, Queens Gate Terrace London SW7; 26 Palace Mansion, Hammussmilch Road, London W14; 27 Pont Street London SW1; 20, Wilton Crescent, London SW1.
France properties include La Manoir Della La Reine Branch Mormon Ville, Hameau, (Near Forges); France 76780,5 Acre +2 attached properties (4.8 million French Francs in 1990); Property in Cannes France.
The USA properties include Stud Farm in Texas; Wellington Club East, West Palm Beach, Escue Farm, 13524, India Mound, West Palm Beach, Florida 41-7 Acres; 3220 Santa Barba Drive Wellington, Florida; 13254, Polo Club Road, West Palm Beach, Florida; 3000, North Ocean Drive, Singer Islands, Florida; 525, South Flager Drive, West Palm Beach, Florida.
At the end of the above details, the e-mail message says: “Based on available data the total value of the located assets amount to 1.5 billion dollars approximately, as estimated.” (ANI)
- Spanish bank acquires failed US bank - Aug 22, 2011
- Widow gives $7.2bn back to Madoff victims in largest forfeiture in US history - Dec 18, 2010
- Ponzi schemer Madoff's wife carrying out charity works in Florida - Jul 19, 2010
- Tiger Woods' ex-wife spends $12.2m of divorce fortune on Florida mansion - Mar 19, 2011
- US lap dance club pays $650K to customer kicked in the eye by stripper - Oct 16, 2010
- Bernard Madoff ordered to forfeit over $170 billion - Jun 27, 2009
- Major global IT company to ban e-mail - Nov 29, 2011
- PPP lawmaker richest in Pak Parliament - Mar 12, 2011
- Tiger Woods' ex-wife goes hunting for new $5m pad in Florida - Oct 06, 2010
- Amber Alert issued for abduction of young girl in Boynton Beach, Florida - Apr 07, 2010
- Russian oligarch facing world's biggest divorce payment - Jul 03, 2010
- Florida community website targeted by Iranian hackers - Jan 19, 2011
- Makayla Sitton's killer Paul Michael Merhige apprehended on Saturday - Jan 03, 2010
- Billionaire John Goodman in jail for role in fatal Florida car crash - May 19, 2010
- Julia Gillard's partner was charged with DUI in 2003 - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: assets, benazir, billion dollars, cannes france, forges france, french francs, london sw1, mail, nab, national accountability bureau, north ocean drive, palm beach florida, ppp, property in cannes, rockwood estate, santa barba, wellington club, west palm beach, west palm beach florida, wilton crescent