Designer Payal Jain showcases her collection at WLIFWOctober 18th, 2008 - 10:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 18 (ANI): Fashion designer Payal Jain on Saturday showcased her collection ”Colours of Joy” at the ongoing ”Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WLIFW) in New Delhi.
Payal Jain, showcased her Spring Summer 09” Collection which was inspired by textiles of Rajasthan and Kutch District of Gujarat.
“Actually this collection is inspired by textiles of Kutch and Rajasthan. The people of this region use a lot of mirror works on old bed sheets but I have translated these designs into modern mirror work. Of course the placements are very contemporary now. The foil printing is also an old art. The old textiles have been reinvented into these modern contemporary looks,” said Jain.
The collection saw use of diverse fabrics like silk, georgette, crepe and satin.
Jain, who generally does not use bright colours in her collection, had used a lot of bright colours in these outfits.
Major chunk of the collection is priced between Rs. 5000- Rs 10,000.
Approximately 80 designers are showcasing their collection in this season of ”Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week”, one of the major business-to-business fashion fete.
The fashion week would provide a stage to 18 new designers to showcase their talent and make a place for themselves in the glamorous industry.
The event would conclude on Sunday. (ANI)
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Amrita Arora walks the ramp for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week - Mar 16, 2010
- West on backburner: Designers endorse Indian heritage - Feb 22, 2012
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Varun Bahl presents edgy, unconventional line at WIFW - Apr 06, 2011
- Vidya present to support Sabyasachi at WIFW finale - Apr 11, 2011
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week kicks off in New Delhi - Mar 26, 2010
Tags: bed sheets, bright colours, business fashion, chunk, fashion designer, foil printing, gujarat, india fashion week, kutch district, mirror work, New Delhi, new designers, old art, payal jain, placements, rajasthan, showcases, silk georgette, spring summer, wills lifestyle india fashion week