Deployment of army in FATA challenged in Pak SCNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:27 am ICT by admin
The Naib Amir of Jamaat-e-Islami, Bajaur Agency, and former MNA Sahibzada Haroonur Rashid filed the civil miscellaneous application through his counsel Farooq Hassan.
The petitioner had also filed a constitutional petition in the Supreme Court under Article 184(3) of the Constitution recently, challenging the army action in Bajaur Agency. He has made the Federation of Pakistan and Aiwan-e-Sadr through secretary to the president as respondents in the petition.
The petitioner has prayed to the court to declare that the use of force by the respondents in Bajaur Agency on October 30, 2006 in which over 80 defenceless civilians, mostly students and teachers, were killed was unlawful and unconstitutional.
In the application, the petitioner prayed to stay the military action in the tribal belt in the national interest, The News reported.
The petitioner also prayed that outside powers must be stopped from interfering in the affairs of tribal regions, adding that the operations had proved to be a setback for the army itself. (ANI)
- Pakistan to do hard thinking over NATO attack: Acting president - Dec 14, 2011
- Terrorist held near Pakistani president's house - Sep 28, 2011
- Another petition seeking Karachi handover to Pak Army filed in Supreme Court - Jan 27, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court moved for calling in army to stop bloodbath in Karachi - Jan 22, 2011
- Zardari, US envoy discuss ties - Nov 30, 2011
- Pak SC accepts 'contempt of court' petition against Musharraf, Shaukat Aziz - Dec 03, 2010
- Petitioners claim apex court was misled on next army chief (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Pakistan honours Chinese general - Nov 24, 2011
- Rainwater enters Zardari's home, meetings cancelled - Aug 09, 2011
- Prominent Pakistanis lose corruption waiver shield - Nov 28, 2009
- Lawyer pleads SC to issue red warrants against Musharraf for extradition to Pak - Oct 14, 2010
- Sania, Shoaib meet Zardari - Sep 30, 2011
- Strengthen Pakistan-US trade ties: Zardari to Sherry - Nov 25, 2011
- ISI DG's extension in service uncertain - Feb 12, 2010
- Pak Govt to protect minorities at all costs: Zardari - Jan 21, 2011