Demanding beer, Russians threaten to bomb shopJanuary 16th, 2012 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Two men in Russia’s St. Petersburg have been held for allegedly robbing beer from a shop by threatening the shop assistant with a hand grenade.
“After they got two beer bottles, the men put the grenade on the counter and ran off,” a police spokesman said Monday.
The two were detained soon afterwards.
This was the second time a grenade was used in the city in recent days. Last week, a man set off a hand grenade in a conflict, leaving one man injured.
- Kazakh beer thief returns unfinished bottles - Aug 21, 2012
- 700 observers to monitor Russian presidential poll - Mar 01, 2012
- Russia rains: Toll rises to nearly 80 (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Man attempts bank robbery with toy gun - Jul 13, 2012
- Russian teenager attempts 'bank robbery' for suicide - Sep 07, 2012
- Russian women skydivers set world record - Jul 24, 2012
- Russia to make Mi-171 helicopters for China - Aug 21, 2012
- Russia may raise duties on beer - Aug 01, 2012
- Russia to set up anti-paedophile squads - Aug 07, 2012
- Russian gay rights activists arrested under new law - Apr 07, 2012
- North Korean robbed of $100,000 in Moscow - Jul 18, 2012
- Anti-Putin protest thwarted by police - Feb 01, 2012
- Putin warns against bypassing UNSC Syria veto - Jul 21, 2012
- Chechen leader denies having hit-list - Sep 19, 2012
- Madonna sued for $10 mn over Russian concert comments - Aug 18, 2012