Delhi Police yet to submit Jamia shootout report: NHRCOctober 16th, 2008 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 16 (IANS) Contrary to some media reports, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Thursday confirmed it had not yet received any report from Delhi Police on the Jamia Nagar shootout in which two suspected terrorists were killed last month.”There were some media reports that Delhi Police have submitted the report on the Jamia Nagar shootout to NHRC, after it issued them a notice. We want to make it clear that the commission has not yet received any such report. Only after getting it, the commission will take a view on the matter and decide further action,” an NHRC official told IANS.
The NHRC had issued a notice to Delhi Police Commissioner Y.S. Dadwal to submit a report on the Sep 19 shootout, after an NGO, Real Cause, said the incident could have been “fabricated”.
Two alleged terrorists, suspected to be involved in the serial bombings here Sep 13, were killed during the shootout at the Batla House in Jamia Nagar of south Delhi. While two others escaped, one was arrested.
Delhi Police inspector M.C. Sharma lost his life in the shootout.
NHRC had issued notice Sep 24 and given the police two weeks to submit its report.
- NHRC yet to receive Delhi Police report on Jamia Nagar shootout (Lead) - Oct 17, 2008
- Human rights body not satisfied with Delhi shoot-out report - Jan 06, 2009
- NHRC reminder to Delhi Police for Jamia shootout report - Oct 20, 2008
- Jamia shootout: Delhi Police wants more time to submit report - Nov 01, 2008
- A coaching centre for the poor - inside a police station! - Mar 25, 2012
- Court's no to another probe into Batla House shootout (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2009
- Want justice for Batla house accused, says Digvijay (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Batla House encounter genuine, no re-opening: Chidambaram - Jan 12, 2012
- Chidambaram rebuts Digvijay, says Batla House shootout genuine (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- NHRC seeks report on fake encounter in Manipur - Aug 30, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Tamil Nadu police on killings - Feb 24, 2012
- Rights panel gives police clean chit in Delhi shootout (Lead) - Jul 22, 2009
- No further probe into Batla House shootout: Court (Lead) - Aug 26, 2009
- Apex court says no to probe into Batla house killings (Lead) - Oct 30, 2009
- Delhi government, police get notice on labourer's death - Oct 25, 2010