Delhi blasts video clip recovered from slain mastermind’s mobileSeptember 24th, 2008 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) Investigators probing the Sep 13 serial blasts in Delhi said Wednesday they have recovered a video clip of the bombings from the mobile phone of suspected mastermind Atif Ameen, who was killed in a shootout with police last week.Sleuths of Delhi Police’s Special Cell, probing the incident, said the footage retrieved from the memory card of Atif’s cell phone suggested that the suspected terrorists involved in the blasts had filmed the locations while planting the bombs.
“We have sent the video footage and memory stick to the central forensic lab for examination,” said a source in the Special Cell.
On Sep 13, five bombs - one at Karol Bagh, two in Connaught Place and two at M Block market of Greater Kailash I - rocked the national capital, killing 24 people.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Karnal Singh had claimed that they have also recovered clips of the Jaipur and Ahmedabad blasts from Atif’s cell phone.