Delhi blasts: Court grants bail to Batla House caretakerNovember 3rd, 2008 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 3 (IANS) A city court Monday granted bail to Abdul Rehman, the father of suspected terrorist Zia-ur-Rehman who is one of the men allegedly involved in the Sep 13 serial blasts. Abdul Rehman, the caretaker of L-18 Batla House flat in Jamia Nagar, was arrested on Sep 21 on charges of forgery and cheating.
Additional Sessions Judge Pinky allowed his bail application on furnishing a personal bond and surety of Rs.20,000 each.
Rehman, a stenographer of the Uttar Pradesh public works department, was accused by flat owner Mohsin Nissar, an engineer in the same department, of forging his signature in a lease deed while giving away the flat to two suspected terrorists on rent.
The court had Sep 24 dismissed his bail plea.
According to the police, Rehman let out the flat to suspected terrorists who carried out synchronised serial blasts in Delhi that killed 26 people and injured 124.
- Delhi blasts: Batla House flat caretaker's bail plea rejected - Sep 24, 2008
- Suspected terrorist allowed to contest Delhi civic polls - Mar 15, 2012
- Delhi Blasts: Abdul Rehman moves bail plea - Sep 22, 2008
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Rajasthan Police get custody of Delhi blast accused - Dec 06, 2008
- Delhi Police charge five for Greater Kailash blast - Dec 18, 2008
- Court seeks presence of five Delhi blast suspects - Nov 10, 2008
- Court rejects Delhi blast accused's plea for CDs - Mar 23, 2009
- First charge sheet filed in Delhi blasts case - Dec 17, 2008
- Delhi Police file charges for Sep 13 serial blasts - Jan 14, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 21, 2009
- Delhi blasts: Suspected terrorists sent to police custody - Feb 02, 2009
- Three more terrorists arrested, hunt on for six others: police (Lead) - Sep 21, 2008
- Court issues warrants against Delhi blasts accused - Dec 08, 2008
- Court dismisses plea on preserving footage of blasts aftermath - Oct 15, 2009