Delhi blast suspect wants to complete MBA, seeks bailJanuary 29th, 2009 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) A young man arrested for the Sep 13 serial blasts here approached the Delhi High Court Thursday, seeking interim bail to appear in the examinations for an MBA course.Saquib Nisar, a suspected member of the Indian Mujahideen (IM), told the court he needs interim relief for 12 days to appear for the examination, to be held Feb 7-12.
He was pursuing the Master of Business Administration course from the Manipal University of Sikkim via correspondence.
Nisar, 20, said in his plea that his performance in the second semester was very good and he did not want to miss the exams.
The court is likely to hear his plea Friday.
Meanwhile, a city court extended the judicial remand of Mohammed Hakim till Feb 12.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja also issued production warrant against IM members Mohammed Sadiq Sheikh and Quamuddin Kapadia, who are in Ahmedabad for Feb 12.
The police have filed three charge sheets for the serial blasts.
- Can jailed terror suspects write exam, court asks police - Feb 04, 2009
- Blast accused seeks bail for MBA exam, court seeks police nod - Jan 30, 2009
- Bail plea of Delhi bombing accused rejected - Jul 15, 2009
- Delhi bombing suspect allowed to write exam from jail - Feb 05, 2009
- Clear air over Delhi blast accused's bail plea, court asks police - Jul 14, 2009
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Delhi blasts accused sent to jail till Feb 4 - Jan 21, 2009
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Suspected Delhi terrorist seeks bail for writing exam - Jul 08, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in 2008 serial bombing case - May 16, 2010
- Delhi blasts: Suspected terrorists sent to police custody - Feb 02, 2009
- Court rejects Delhi blast accused's plea for CDs - Mar 23, 2009
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, business administration course, charge sheets, delhi high court, interim relief, jan 29, judicial remand, kapadia, magistrate, manipal university, master of business, master of business administration, mba course, mohammed hakim, mujahideen, sadiq, saquib, second semester, serial blasts, sikkim