Defence conference begins in UAEFebruary 19th, 2011 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Feb 19 (IANS/WAM) The Gulf Defence Conference began in Abu Dhabi Saturday.Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, national security advisor of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), inaugurated the conference at the UAE Armed Forces Officers’ Club.
The conference is being organised by the Institute for Near East and Gulf Military Analysis.
Maj. Gen. Eisa Saif Al Mazrouei, deputy chief of staff of the UAE’s armed forces, spoke on the commitment of the UAE to promote peace and introduce its defence policies based on mutual respect, non-aggression and adoption of dialogue for resolution of conflicts.
He said the conference was an opportunity for the military, strategists and thinkers to exchange researches, studies, ideas and issues pertaining to the defence and security of the Gulf region as well as the world.
The conference was being held at a time of changes, threats and challenges facing the world such as weapons of mass destruction, terrorism and piracy.
- Air expo opens in Abu Dhabi - Mar 07, 2012
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- UAE officials meet US, Chinese envoys - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Britain, France - Nov 16, 2011
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE, France discuss defence cooperation - Jul 12, 2012
- Top US official visits UAE - May 21, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011
- UAE armed forces holds mass wedding for troopers - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, defence policies, deputy chief of staff, eisa, facing the world, hazza, military analysis, military strategists, mutual respect, national security advisor, officers club, researches, resolution of conflicts, saif, sheikh, thinkers, time of changes, united arab emirates, weapons of mass destruction, zayed al nahyan