Debris not from Air France plane wreck: OfficialJune 5th, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, June 5 (RIA Novosti) None of the debris recovered during a search for the wreckage of an Air France Airbus 330 that went missing off Brazil’s northeast coast belonged to the aircraft, Brazil’s Air Force chief said.
“We confirm that the objects are not from the wreckage of the plane… it is more likely to be trash, but we will examine it all the same,” said Brigadier Ramon Borges Cardoso.
Earlier it was reported that helicopters involved in the search for traces of the Airbus had recovered two buoys and a pallet floating near the location where the plane, with 228 passengers and crew on board, last made contact in the early hours of Monday.
The debris was discovered around 650 km north of Brazil’s Fernando de Noronha archipelago. Before losing contact, Air France Flight 447 had sent an automatic signal to airline maintenance computers from the area, indicating several technical failures.
Cordoso said Brazilian navy crews were recovering anything from the sea for inspection.
Any items thought to have come from the plane were being handed to French air crash investigators.
- 13 more bodies found at Air France crash site - Jun 10, 2009
- Body recovered from 2009 Air France flight - May 05, 2011
- Bodies Found from downed Air France flight AF447 - Jun 07, 2009
- Bodies found, no black box among 2009 Air France crash wreckage - Apr 05, 2011
- Debris of 2009 Air France crash found - Apr 05, 2011
- Pilot training blamed for 2009 Air France crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Investigators find black box from crashed Air France flight - May 02, 2011
- Search for plane and cause of Air France crash intensify (Lead) - Jun 05, 2009
- Debris is from missing Air France jet - Jun 03, 2009
- 41 bodies recovered from Air France crash site (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- Crash plane debris 'only sea trash', Brazil admits - Jun 05, 2009
- More Air France AF447 bodies recovered - Jun 08, 2009
- Mystery deepens over whereabouts of Air France plane - Jun 06, 2009
- Search continues for missing Air France jet with 228 aboard (Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- 24 bodies recovered from Air France crash - Jun 09, 2009
Tags: AF477, air crash, air force chief, air france, air france airbus, air france flight, airbus 330, airline maintenance, archipelago, brazilian navy, brigadier, buoys, contact air, crash investigators, fernando de noronha, french air, plane wreck, ria novosti, rio de janeiro, technical failures, wreckage