Death toll in Sep 13 Delhi bombings rises to 26October 11th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 11(IANS) Rama Nadibatt and his wife, Krishna, are on way to recovery from the injuries sustained in the Sep 13 Delhi serial bombings, but when they leave hospital it will be to return to a lonely home with both their daughters dead.Their elder daughter Santosh, 22, who had suffered critical injuries, succumbed to her injuries Friday, taking to 26 the death toll in the serial bombings.
Santosh had suffered injuries in the Gaffar Market blast, which was the first bomb to hit the capital Sep 13. She was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital.
“She had suffered serious head injuries and multiple splinter injuries. She was in coma ever since. She died early Friday morning,” S.K. Sharma, RML’s chief medical officer, told IANS.
The couple’s younger daughter Pooja was brought dead to the hospital.
“Santosh was in the ICU. We had allowed Rama to see his daughter. He knew his daughter was critical. He was allowed to go for the cremation. Now Krishna has also been told,” Sharma said.
“The doctors had tried to operate upon Santosh twice, but she was not responding and her condition kept deteriorating,” he added.
Rama Nadibatt, 48, had suffered injuries on his left upper arm in the blast.
His wife had a miraculous recovery from her injuries. “The couple is fine and responding to treatment,” he added.
Originally from Rajasthan, Rama and his family had been living in Lane No. 42 Beadonpura in Karol Bagh for several years.
On Sep 13, five blasts - two in Connaught Place, two in Greater Kailash-I and one in Karol bagh - ripped through the national capital within a span of 30 minutes.