Death toll in Manila hostage crisis rises to 10August 24th, 2010 - 2:29 pm ICT by ANI
Manila, Aug. 24 (ANI): The death toll from Monday’s hostage crisis in Manila climbed to 10 early Tuesday, with another hostage succumbing to injuries in a Manila hospital.
A woman died at the San Juan de Dios Hospital, while at least three other hostages were declared dead at the Ospital ng Maynila, four at the Manila Doctors Hospital, and one at the Philippine General Hospital, Xinhua reports.
The tenth fatality was the hostage taker himself, dismissed Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza.
On the other hand, at least six hostages were still being treated in other hospitals in Manila.
Meanwhile, all government offices in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) lowered flags at half- mast Tuesday to mourn Hong Kong tourists killed in the abduction tragedy.
The Chinese government has strongly condemned the hostage taking of Chinese tourists by a former police officer in Manila and demanded the Philippine government thoroughly investigate the incident. (ANI)
- Six Chinese survive Philippine hostage crisis (Fourth Lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Philippine police admit shortcomings in bloody hostage-taking - Aug 24, 2010
- Former Filipino cop hijacks bus, nine tourists released - Aug 23, 2010
- 10 to be held accountable for Philippines bus hijack - Sep 17, 2010
- Seven dead as Philippine hostage crisis ends (Roundup) - Aug 23, 2010
- Four police officers sacked over bungled hostage rescue - Aug 25, 2010
- Eight Chinese, gunman killed in Philippines hostage drama (Second Roundup) - Aug 24, 2010
- Violence erupts in Philippine hostage-taking (Second lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Dismissed police officer seizes tourist bus in Philippines (Lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Dismissed cop seizes tourist bus in Philippines - Aug 23, 2010
- Some Philippines bus hostages may have been shot dead by "friendly fire" - Sep 10, 2010
- Victims of the Manila bus hijack incident still grapple with the tragedy that killed 8 people - Aug 26, 2010
- Seven hostages, gunman dead after Manila bus siege - Aug 23, 2010
- Philippine commandos shoot dead Manila hostage taker - Aug 23, 2010
- Committed to 'one country, two systems', says China - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: abduction, chinese government, chinese tourists, death toll, early tuesday, fatality, flags at half mast, government offices, hong kong special administrative region, hostage taker, juan de dios, manila doctors hospital, manila hostage crisis, ospital ng maynila, philippine general hospital, philippine government, san juan de dios, san juan de dios hospital, six hostages, xinhua