David Paradiso Attacks Judge, Is ShotMarch 5th, 2009 - 8:49 pm ICT by GD
Accused murderer David Paradiso was testifying at his trial at Stockton on Wednesday when he attached Superior Court Judge Cinda Fox and was shot by the police. It is not clear what he used to stab the judge with. He was on trial for having stabbed his girlfriend in the neck and dumping her body beside a road.
Fox was then taken to St. Joseph’s Medical Center and treated in the emergency room. She was later reported to be “in good condition” by the authorities who did not disclose the nature or extent of her injuries.
Lodi Det. Eric Bradley was the lead investigator in the murder case and he was in court during the hearing when Paradiso attacked the judge. He shot Paradiso and is not on paid administrative leave while the authorities enquire the shooting. The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the incident and did not divulge much about it.
Deputy Dave Konecny said, “The suspect was being cross-examined. The suspect made a move toward the judge with an unknown cutting instrument. A Lodi police officer immediately came forward, striking the suspect and stopping the assault.” Reporters present in the courtroom said that the jurors were about to take a break when Paradiso stood up, walked behind the judge and attempted to stab her. A Lodi newspaper also reported that Paradiso’s murder, Debra, said after the shooting that her family had tried to warn the police that David had a weapon that he was taking with him to the courtroom. A video posted on Stockton Record’s website shows Fox sitting on a stretcher with a bandaged left arm when she was being taken from the courtroom to an ambulance.
The court was evacuated following the incident.
Paradiso had admitted that he stabbed his girlfriend under paranoia in December 2006. He is also reported to have kidnapped his mother forcing her to driving to Amador County to dump the dead body.
- US man shoots cop, stabs judge - Mar 10, 2012
- Knox flies home after acquittal in murder case - Oct 04, 2011
- Colorado shooting suspect makes first court appearance - Jul 24, 2012
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Indian-origin man stabs ex-lover 27 times - Oct 12, 2010
- "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" Actor Shelley Malil Gets Life Sentence For Stabbing Ex-Girlfriend - Dec 18, 2010
- '40-year-old virgin' star Shelley Malil convicted of premeditated murder - Sep 17, 2010
- Mumbai terror suspect Rana's trial set for Feb 14 - Dec 07, 2010
- Baby girl found murdered in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 28, 2012
- Boy jailed 17 years for killing teenage mom - Dec 22, 2011
- Indian-American woman murdered in California motel - Jul 12, 2012
- Arizona Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Appears In Court - Jan 11, 2011
- New York teen gets 25 year for killing Ecuatorian immigrant - May 26, 2010
- Nicaraguan Diplomat Cesar Mercado Murdered In His Apartment - Sep 24, 2010
- Elizabeth Smart Trial Begins, Accused Behaves Erratically On First Day - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: ambulance, cinda, courtroom, emergency room, girlfriend, jurors, konecny, left arm, murder case, murderer, paradiso, paranoia, police officer, san joaquin county, san joaquin county sheriff, st joseph, stab the judge, stockton record, stretcher, superior court judge