David Cameron’ does a U-turn as he decides to wear tails at royal weddingApril 21st, 2011 - 11:13 am ICT by ANI
London, April 21 (ANI): In yet another U-turn, British Prime Minster David Cameron has decided that he would wear a traditional morning suit to the royal wedding.
A day before, Downing Street had indicated that the Prime Minister was planning to break with the tradition and wear a lounge suit rather than tails on April 29, reports the Daily Mail.
It would have made him the first Prime Minister in history to do so, and it was also suggested that his wife Samantha would not wear a hat to the ceremony.
Downing Street sources, however, blamed the confusion on one of Cameron’s aides and denied there was any U-turn, said the Evening Standard.
“The wedding invitation states that you can wear uniform, a lounge suit or morning suit, so it gives you a choice to wear one of the three,” said the spokesman, who confirmed Cameron would now wear a morning suit, but declined to give a reason for the switch.
The change of heart came after London Mayor Boris Johnson indirectly criticised the decision by confirming he would be wearing tails, saying, ‘I think it’s the right thing to do.
Johnson and Cameron were both members of the Bullingdon Club while at Oxford University, and the Prime Minister was even pictured wearing tails while at the club. (ANI)
- David Cameron to 'shun morning suit tails' at royal wedding - Apr 19, 2011
- British guard stuns paperless Cameron - Jul 31, 2012
- British PM's wife bakes cakes for street party - Apr 27, 2011
- David Cameron, wife to host royal wedding street party - Mar 28, 2011
- London mayor doesn't want to be PM - Aug 09, 2012
- Samantha Cameron bakes 'charity cakes' for royal wedding street party - Apr 27, 2011
- Rupert Murdoch wants Boris to lead the Tories - Aug 01, 2012
- Over 1,900 people invited to William's wedding - Feb 20, 2011
- Have fun at William's wedding, Cameron tells Britons - Apr 11, 2011
- LeT founder wants Pakistani leaders to learn from Cameron - Jul 15, 2012
- David Cameron beats Boris Becker in 'very competitive' charity match - May 01, 2011
- Cameron disappointed over Oxford University's decision to admit one black student in 2009 - Apr 12, 2011
- British bank chief's high bonus criticized (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- British bank chief criticized over bonus - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: aides, april 29, boris johnson, british prime minster, bullingdon club, change of heart, confusion, daily mail, david cameron, downing street, london mayor, lounge suit, morning suit, oxford university, prime minister, royal wedding, spokesman, tradition, u turn, wedding invitation