David Cameron backs ‘Queen Camilla’November 22nd, 2010 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 22 (ANI): UK Prime Minister David Cameron has voiced his support for the Duchess of Cornwall to become Queen and admitted being a ‘big fan’ of Camilla.
He said that the public is warming to Prince Charles’s second wife, despite signs that voters would prefer the monarchy to miss a generation and pass directly from the Queen to Prince William.
“I think the country is getting to know her and getting to see that she is a very warm-hearted person with a big sense of humour and a big heart,” the Daily Mail quoted Cameron, as telling Sky News.
Polls have also suggested that the idea of Queen Camilla is less popular now than when she married into the Royal Family five years ago.
The issue has come to the limelight once again, after a U.S. television interview in which Prince Charles said publicly for the first that Camilla could become Queen.
However, the Prime Minister made clear “it’s too early to talk about these things” but acknowledged the need for public discussion and ultimately talks with the palace.
The official position has always been that if Charles is crowned King, Camilla would be styled Princess Consort and not Queen. (ANI)
- Prince Charles states publicly that his wife Camilla could be Queen - Nov 20, 2010
- Prince Charles: Camilla could be queen - Nov 22, 2010
- Prince Charles now favoured as next king of England - Jun 11, 2012
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding reception to have just 300 guests - Jan 10, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Users write abusive posts about Camilla on Queen's Facebook page - Nov 11, 2010
- `Charles doesn't command the same respect as the Queen' (Lead) - Nov 30, 2010
- Will-Kat danced their way to post wedding reception! - May 01, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- British royal family now on Flickr - Jul 25, 2010
- Thousands cheer Queen's Diamond Jubilee river pageant - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Most Brits want to see Prince William as next king' - Dec 19, 2010
- Kate Middleton's first lesson is learning when to curtsey to whom - May 02, 2011
Tags: daily mail, david cameron, duchess of cornwall, heart, hearted person, limelight, minister david, monarchy, polls, prime minister, prince charles, prince william, princess consort, queen camilla, royal family, second wife, sense of humour, signs, sky news, television interview