Danny Boyle’s father slept through ‘Slumdog Millionaire’February 14th, 2009 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 14 (IANS) British-Irish director Danny Boyle has won praises and Oscar nominations for “Slumdog Millionaire” but his father slept through the movie.
Patrick Boyle, 88, believes the highly praised, India-based drama is not his son’s best offering and prefers Danny’s debut 1995 release “Shallow Grave” over it, Contactmusic.com reports.
He admitted he will have to watch the box-office smash again, after he drifted off during a local cinema showing.
“(’Slumdog Millionaire’) is great but definitely not my favourite. That is ‘Shallow Grave’. It has always stuck in my mind because it was his first,” said Boyle Senior.
“I’ve seen ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ but I think I missed a couple of parts so I wouldn’t mind seeing it again,” he added.
- Danny Boyles father fell asleep while watching Slumdog Millionaire - Feb 15, 2009
- Danny Boyle applauded for theatre comeback - Feb 25, 2011
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- I was nervous about 'The Best Exotic...' weighty cast: Dev Patel (With Images) - May 14, 2012
- Freida Pinto 'overwhelmed by speed to fame' - Mar 27, 2011
- Danny Boyle awarded British Film Institute Fellowship - Oct 28, 2010
- Boyle credits 'Slumdog Millionaire' success for '127 Hours' - Jan 10, 2011
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Danny Boyle gets ready for BFI Award - Sep 29, 2010
- Young singers have universal appeal: A.R.Rahman - Dec 23, 2011
- Thanks to Hollywood, it's yesterday once more for Anil - Nov 10, 2011
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- International guitarists want to jam with Ravi Shankar, Chaurasia - Nov 17, 2010
- Boyle doesn't think 'England can top Beijing at 2012 Olympic Games' - Nov 02, 2010
- Danny Boyle May Direct The 2012 London Olympics - Jun 09, 2010