Daniel Craig had tough time learning RussianDecember 27th, 2008 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 26 (IANS) James Bond star Daniel Craig says he found it tough learning Russian for his new film “Defiance” and nearly gave up in the middle.The actor had to learn the language for his role in the upcoming World War II movie in which he plays one of four Polish brothers who help save Jews from the Nazis.
Craig admits that it was one of his hardest jobs to date because he couldn’t get to grips with Russian words, contactmusic.com reports.
“It was a nightmare for me because I’m just the worst student in the world - I left school at 16. I had to do it phonetically, learn it and understand it,” he said.
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- I married secretly: Daniel Craig - Jul 19, 2011
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Fame shook Daniel Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Margarita Levieva to be next bond girl? - Jul 27, 2011
- "Hitler's Pope" helped thousands of Jews escape Nazi concentration camps - Jul 07, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Former Hitler aide, 97, signed 'start order' for mass execution of Jews - Dec 09, 2010
- Harrison Ford wants to play James Bond - Aug 18, 2011
- I feel proud 'Bond' taught me to shoot: Wilde - Aug 16, 2011
- Bradley Cooper's extreme dieting for 'The A-Team' - Mar 16, 2011
- Avatar star unable to bond with James - Oct 10, 2011
- Craig shuns social networking sites - Aug 03, 2011