Dalai Lama’s special teaching session on BuddhismJune 24th, 2009 - 8:04 pm ICT by ANI
Dharamshala, June 24 (ANI): Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama on Wednesday started a two-day special teaching session for Buddhist students in Dharamsala.
Thousands of Buddhist students from across the world gathered at the Tibetan Children Villa School for the teachings on the text of thirty-seven practices of Bodhisattvas.
“We are very happy to gather here. All the Tibetan youngsters are here so we could learn something on Buddhist (Buddhism),” said Tenzin Namgyal, a Tibetan student.
Many Buddhist monks and nuns and other local people also gathered to attend teachings of the spiritual leader.
Tibetans believe that Dalai Lama follows a different approach to teaching and explains basics of everything.
“This is very important particularly the approach his holiness takes is very different. And this is very much in tune with audience here. He is putting everything in perspective, not just going about the traditional way of explaining things. But rather really touching on the very basics of it and then making sense of everything that he teaches. And thereby making them get the essence of Buddha teaching which is to bring about a positive transformation in their mentality,” said Damdul Namgyal, a monk.
Dharamsala, which is also called ‘Little Tibet’, is home to thousands of Tibetans who found a new haven to preserve their unique faith, culture and identity.
Tibetan exiles are protesting around the world by reviving the spirit of the Tibetan national uprising of 1959, engaging in non-violent direct action, to end China’s occupation of Tibet.
An estimated 134,000 Tibetans live in exile, a majority of them in India and Nepal. (ANI)
- Media censorship in China wrong: Dalai Lama - Dec 13, 2011
- Dalai Lama wishes Losar to all Tibetan across the world - Feb 14, 2010
- Dalai Lama to speak of happiness at Penguin Lecture - Dec 02, 2011
- Tibetans hail Dalai Lama-Obama meet - Jul 17, 2011
- Dalai Lama has thrown a gauntlet to Beijing (Comment) - Mar 13, 2011
- Self-immolations in Tibet politically motivated: Lawmaker - May 16, 2012
- McLeodganj deserted as residents leave en masse for Bodh Gaya - Dec 31, 2011
- Dalai Lama preaches to Russian Buddhists in Dharamsala - Dec 01, 2010
- Who will lead the Tibetan cause after Dalai Lama? - Mar 19, 2011
- Czech deputy PM concerned over Tibet situation - Mar 02, 2012
- Tibet situation grim, needs global intervention, say exiles - Feb 24, 2012
- Dalai Lama's 75th b'day celebrated in Dharamshala - Jul 06, 2010
- China, not Dalai Lama, to be blamed for self-immolations: Sangay - Mar 10, 2012
- Dalai Lama a symbol of peace: Dhumal - Sep 02, 2011
- Buddha relevant in modern world: Dalai Lama - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: bodhisattvas, buddha, buddhism, buddhist monks and nuns, buddhist students, dalai lama, dharamshala, exile, holiness, little tibet, mentality, monk, monks and nuns, national uprising, new haven, reviving the spirit, tibetan children, tibetan exiles, tibetan spiritual leader, youngsters