Daimler to hold Tata stake, may offer Mercedes parts for JaguarMay 3rd, 2008 - 11:45 pm ICT by admin
Stuttgart, May 3 (DPA) Daimler may provide Mercedes-Benz parts for future British Land-Rover and Jaguar cars built by Tata Motors, the chief executive of the German multinational was quoted as saying Saturday. Dieter Zetsche also said Daimler was content with the seven percent stake it holds “more or less as a dormant investor” in the Indian company run by Ratan Tata and did not seek more.
He said Daimler, as a premium-car company, was not aiming to become a volume manufacturer.
“We can get along fine with the present stake,” he told the magazine Auto Motor Sport. “We have an outstanding relationship with Tata. That is why their group is in charge of painting the Mercedes models we assemble in India.”
Tata has acquired Land-Rover and Jaguar from Ford, which may cut off the British marques’ access to Ford kits of parts.
“If Ratan Tata approaches us about supplying components, we would be open to talks,” said Zetsche.
- Daimler to beef up its R&D; activities in India (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Renault, Nissan and Daimler to swap shares, launch cars - Apr 07, 2010
- Reports of Tata's comments on Mukesh Ambani incorrect: Tatas - May 22, 2011
- Worker dies at Jaguar Land Rover factory - Sep 27, 2011
- Daimler to shift truck manufacturing to Tamil Nadu - Apr 18, 2012
- Daimler AG gets RBI nod for non-banking finance company - Apr 25, 2011
- Mercedes to increase investments to Rs.850 crore - Sep 05, 2012
- Mercedes-Benz sales soar - Apr 05, 2012
- Daimler to label India trucks BharatBenz, unveils new logo - Feb 17, 2011
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover, China's Chery in joint venture - Mar 21, 2012
- S&P; raises Tata Motors ratings - Jul 09, 2012
- Tata Motors' May sales up 12 percent - Jun 15, 2012
- Mercedes to launch AMG Desert Gold in India - Jan 06, 2010
- Jaguar Land Rover opens first plant in India - May 27, 2011
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
Tags: auto motor sport, car company, chief executive, daimler, dieter zetsche, dpa, ford, investor, jaguar, jaguar cars, land rover, magazine auto, mercedes benz, mercedes benz parts, mercedes models, percent stake, ratan tata, stuttgart, tata motors, volume manufacturer