Custody of Malegaon blast accused extendedDecember 16th, 2008 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 16 (IANS) A special court here Tuesday granted extension of custody of the various accused in the Malegaon bomb blasts case.Special Judge Y.D. Shinde of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court extended accused Ajay Rahirkar’s policy custody till Dec 20, and the judicial custody of the other accused till Dec 29.
Seeking extension of Rahirkar’s remand, special public prosecutor Rohini Salian told the court that the investigators wanted to verify his signatures in some bank accounts.
Rahirkar, who was the treasurer of a ring wing Hindu extremist organisation Abhinav Bharat, has been accused of providing funds for the Sep 29 Malegaon blasts that killed six people.
In a related development, a Kurla magistrate sent Malegaon blast accused Lt. Col. Prasad Purohit, who is also an accused in a forgery case registered with the Matunga Police Station, to judicial custody till Thursday.
A Nanded court also granted extension of custody to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for Rakesh Dhawade, who is also an accused in the Nanded blast case.
The Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) has arrested 11 people, including Sadhvi Pragnya Singh Thakur, in connection with the Malegaon blast.
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Malegaon blast accused to contest Uttar Pradesh polls - Jan 23, 2012
- Custody of nine Malegaon blast accused extended to Jan 6 - Dec 29, 2008
- Samjhauta blast accused arrested in Malegaon case - Feb 27, 2012
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Purohit's custodial interrogation put off - Mar 21, 2012
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Court gives bail to nine in 2006 Malegaon blasts case - Nov 05, 2011
- Maharashtra opposes dropping terror law against Malegaon accused - Aug 24, 2009
- NIA not to oppose bail of Malegaon blast accused: Chidambaram - Oct 31, 2011
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011