Cuba, WHO to cooperate on generic drugsMarch 31st, 2012 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
Havana, March 31 (IANS) Cuba and the World Health Organization have signed an agreement for technology transfer and production of generic drugs.
Health Minister Roberto Morales and visiting WHO Director General Margaret Chan signed the agreement on behalf of the respective sides here Friday, Xinhua reported.
“I am very pleased to sign this agreement with the island because it defines the strategy for our cooperation,” Chan said, adding “Cuba has a comprehensive health model, from which many countries can learn.”
Morales said Cuba intends to further develop the island’s health system and demonstrate what its health staff can do.
Chan arrived in Cuba March 26 to chair the meeting of the WHO Global Policies and met separately with First Vice President of the Council of Ministers Jose Ramon Machado Ventura and Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez.
She also visited hospitals and scientific centres in Havana, along with the Director of the Pan American Health Organization Mirtha Roses.
- WHO praises Cuba's health care system - Mar 28, 2012
- Chavez in Cuba for another round of cancer treatment - Apr 16, 2012
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Cuba, Botswana sign cooperation agreements - Jun 10, 2010
- Cuba to increase hotel capacity - May 10, 2012
- Jimmy Carter visits Cuba over the issue of tension with US - Mar 29, 2011
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Krishna to visit Cuba to further ties - Jun 12, 2012
- WHO Director-General visits Cuba - Oct 25, 2009
- Cuba, Russia reiterate strategic nature of their ties - Feb 12, 2010
- Cuba uses biotechnology to revive coffee industry - Jul 11, 2012
- Cuba seeks help to buy swine flu vaccine - Oct 06, 2009
- Mexican firm eyeing Cuba offshore oil projects - Apr 13, 2012
- Cuba, US to resume friendly baseball games - Mar 21, 2012
- Chavez back in Cuba for more surgery - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: american health organization, comprehensive health, council of ministers, cuba march, director general, foreign minister, generic drugs, global policies, havana, health minister, health model, health staff, margaret chan, mirtha, pan american health, pan american health organization, roberto morales, s health system, world health organization, xinhua