Cuba to host international folklore conferenceNovember 5th, 2009 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
Havana, Nov 4 (Prensa Latina) Cuba will host the 39th Conference of Organisations for Folklore Festivals November 8-15.
Representatives from more than 40 countries, including Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Pacific regions, will participate in the conference.
Various activities, including exhibitions of books and craftworks, will be organised.
The International Council of Organisations for Folklore Festivals (CIOFF) was founded in 1970, Currently, more than 90 countries are its members.
The UNESCO, CIOFF and the Cuban culture ministry will sponsor the event.
- 20 countries to participate in Cuba's cultural fest - Apr 30, 2010
- Puerto Rican band to kick off European tour in June - May 24, 2011
- Electroacoustic music fest opens in Cuba - Mar 17, 2010
- Cuban president embarks on China, Vietnam trip - Jul 03, 2012
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Japanese experts help Cuba to develop aqua-farms - Sep 13, 2011
- Raul Castro hints at easing of Cuba's migration policy - Aug 02, 2011
- Cuba scraps rave festival - Aug 08, 2011
- Cuba has carried out 5,000 kidney transplants - Dec 06, 2011
- Cuba tries new methods to obtain energy - Jan 14, 2012
- International sales of Cuban cigars go up - Feb 28, 2012
- US bans its doctors from travelling to Cuba - Sep 23, 2009
- 2 million Cuban students get trained in arts - Jan 18, 2012
- Indian sports trainers get Cuban exposure (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Cuba unveils new rum brand - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: cioff, craftworks, cuban culture, culture ministry, europe asia, exhibitions, folklore festivals, havana, international folklore, latin america, organisations, pacific regions, prensa latina cuba, unesco