Crossbow Cannibal ‘could die within days’December 24th, 2010 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 24 (ANI): Crossbow Cannibal Stephen Griffiths, who is on hunger strike since last month, is now refusing fluids after being jailed for life.
According to sources, with such condition the triple killer could die within days. However, Medics are monitoring his condition at Wakefield Prison, West Yorks.
“If nothing is done and he keeps refusing fluids he could be dead by the end of the Christmas period,” the Sun quoted an insider as saying.
Griffiths, 41, is said to be “very weak and frail”. He is thought to have lost 3st in the past three weeks, and shed even more weight since he stopped drinking on Tuesday.
Griffiths was jailed for the rest of his life after he admitted murdering prostitutes Suzanne Blamires, 36, Shelley Armitage, 31 and Susan Rushworth, 43. Leeds Crown Court heard he dismembered them at his flat in Bradford and ate some of their body parts.
The Prison Service said: “If a prisoner chooses to refuse food, the Prison Service works with healthcare staff to monitor their health.
“Prisoners considered mentally capable are entitled to refuse health interventions like force-feeding, provided they fully understand the consequences of their decision,” the Prison Service added. (ANI)
- Crossbow Cannibal tells cops: I've killed loads more - Dec 22, 2010
- Stephen Griffith Charged With Ripping Prostitutes - May 31, 2010
- Stephen Griffiths 'Crossbow Cannibal' Charged in 'Ripper' Murders - May 31, 2010
- Stephen Griffith 'Ripper' charged with murdering three prostitutes - May 31, 2010
- "The Crossbow Cannibal" Stephen Griffiths, Sentenced To Lifetime Imprisonment - Dec 22, 2010
- Crossbow Cannibal wanted to be infamous like Yorkshire Ripper, says ex - Dec 23, 2010
- Man who studied Jack the Ripper charged with prostitutes' murder - May 28, 2010
- Stephen Griffith, Who Analyzed Jack the Ripper, Charged With The Slaughter Of Three Prostitutes - May 31, 2010
- Crime student held for three prostitutes' murder in Britain - May 27, 2010
- Crossbow cannibal Stephen Griffiths sentenced to life - Dec 22, 2010
- Number of Crossbow Cannibal's murder victims could be as high as 14 - Dec 23, 2010
- Lady Gaga's cannibal-style murder act irks Brit fans - Jun 04, 2010
- Day nine: Anna's health deteriorates (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Vengeful man burns wife's clothes - Aug 11, 2012
- An ex-spy from Jammu struggles for livelihood (Letter from Jammu) - May 06, 2012
Tags: armitage, body parts, cannibal, christmas period, consequences, crossbow, crown court, dec 24, health interventions, healthcare staff, hunger strike, leeds, medics, prison service, prisoners, prostitutes, shelley, stephen griffiths, wakefield prison, west yorks