Criminals in Gaza must be put on trial: Iranian diplomatJanuary 25th, 2009 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
United Nations, Jan 25 (IANS) Iran’s permanent representative to the United Nations Mohammad Khazaei has said that those who have committed recent crimes in Gaza must be put on trial, IRNA reported Sunday. In a speech here in New York Saturday, Khazaei said the “Zionist regime crimes against defenceless people of Gaza are war crimes”.
Khazaei said the UN and the secretary general should respond to the legitimate demand of the international society and make a full investigation into aspects of the crimes and put the perpetrators on trial.
The ambassador said a necessary step by the UN and its secretary general is a prompt investigation into Israelis’ use of phosphorus bombs and other prohibited weapons.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon attended a meeting of ambassadors and permanent representatives of Non Aligned Movement (NAM) countries in the UN and presented a report on his visit to the Middle East region.
- Ban condemns Ahmadinejad's anti-Israel statement - Aug 18, 2012
- Abbas not to hold bilateral talks with Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- Iran vows to react swiftly to any Israeli attack - Aug 19, 2012
- Iran not hankering after n-weapons: Ayatollah Khamenei (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- NAM to put economic role on agenda in Tehran summit: Official - Aug 25, 2012
- PM heads to Tehran for NAM summit, Iran ties in focus (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Iran seeks urgent General Assembly session on Gaza - Jan 15, 2009
- Iran talks resume in Baghdad - May 24, 2012
- PM heads for Tehran NAM summit, meeting with Ahmadinejad - Aug 25, 2012
- Not hankering after n-weapons, says Iran (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Iran vows support to Syrian leadership - Mar 31, 2012
- No fireworks on Syria at NAM summit: India - Aug 30, 2012
- Ban Ki-moon nominated to top UN post for second term - Jun 18, 2011
- EU condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats - Feb 14, 2012
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon arrives in India - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: ambassador, ambassadors, ban ki moon, bombs, countries in the un, criminals, gaza, iranian diplomat, irna, israelis, mohammad khazaei, nam, necessary step, non aligned movement, permanent representatives, perpetrators, un secretary general, united nations, war crimes, zionist regime