Cragslist Victim’s Family “Cheated” By The Death Of Philip MarkoffAugust 17th, 2010 - 7:04 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Aug 17, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Philip Markoff, who was better known as “Craigslist killer”, not only ended his life on Sunday by committing suicide at the Nashua Street jail, but also took along with him the possibility of justice that the family of the victim was yearning. The sudden death of Philip Markoff, who was awaiting trial for the alleged murder of masseuse Julissa Brisman, means that the prosecution will have to close the case and consider Philip Markoff an innocent man as nothing against him was proved or testified in front of the court. The family of Julissa Brisman has expressed its shock and dismay over the news of the death of the alleged murderer of their daughter.
Justice seems to be a distant dream for the family of late Julissa Brisman who was allegedly shot dead by Boston university medical student Philip Markoff last year. Carmen Guzman, a lawyer for Julissa Brisman’s mother said to media sources that the family members were angry as they have been deprived of the chances of facing Philip Markoff at the trial room.
Lawyer Djuna Perkins maintained that the criminal trial allows the victim’s family not only to confront the suspect but also hear the trial and ponder over the evidence to form their own judgment about the case. Djuna Perkins added that Philip Markoff first took the daughter of the Brisman family and then denied them the opportunity to face him. The same view was upheld by attorney Timothy Burke who said that it is not only Philip Markoff who has been denied justice but the family of the victim who according to him have been “cheated” and “robbed” by the sudden suicide.
- "Craigslist Killer" Philip Markoff Found Dead In Boston Jail - Aug 16, 2010
- Autopsy Scheduled for Philip Markoff, Craigslist Killer - Aug 16, 2010
- Craigslist killer Phillip Markoff found dead in his Boston cell after suspected suicide - Aug 16, 2010
- Craigslist Suspect's Suspicious Suicide Scenario - Aug 17, 2010
- Motive sought for alleged Craigslist killer - Apr 22, 2009
- Craigslist Censors Its 'Adult Services' Segment - Sep 06, 2010
- "The Craigslist Killer" Movie Premieres On Lifetime - Jan 04, 2011
- Julissa Brisman, model & Internet masseuse shot in hotel - Apr 17, 2009
- Lawyers offer help, girl's family again wants CBI probe - Jun 16, 2011
- Those who ordered Andrabi's killing still at large, says brother - Jun 12, 2012
- Mormon church leader accused of attacking another person - Aug 10, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Procession, candle-light vigil against Neeraj Grover judgement (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Three accused of murder attempt acquitted - Mar 18, 2012
- Protest in Mumbai over Neeraj Grover judgement - Jul 03, 2011
Tags: boston university medical, carmen, committing suicide, criminal trial, dismay, distant dream, family members, innocent man, kar, markoff, masseuse, media sources, medical student, meena, murderer, nashua street, perkins, prosecution, sudden death, timothy burke