Courtney Loves weight woesDecember 2nd, 2008 - 2:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 2 (ANI): Courtney Love has revealed that she once asked a doctor to give her a gastric band to help her lose weight.
The former Hole singer - who recently lost a dramatic amount of weight, prompting surgery rumours - admits she was keen to undergo the procedure after becoming depressed about her ballooning weight.
Baby, if I could get a gastric band I would, the Sun quoted her, as telling Elle magazine.
Ive heard its a lot of vomiting and a pain in the a**, but its still easier than a diet.
I did go to see a Hollywood doctor about it. I wasnt desperate, I just knew I had to do something. He said no.
I might have been fat, but I wasnt that fat, she added.
Love then turned to an alternative weight-loss procedure to shed her excess kilos.
I tried liposuction on my stomach after that. It was horrible and it didnt work, she said. (ANI)
- 'Pale' Courtney Love sparks health fears - Jun 24, 2009
- Fat lady seeks government aid for medical bill - Mar 27, 2012
- Britain's fattest man has weight reduction op in India - Nov 13, 2010
- Junk food saves teen's life from fatal liver disease - Feb 13, 2012
- Gastric bypass surgery lead to better long-term results - Feb 22, 2011
- Exercising and still overweight? Don't gorge on carbs - Apr 09, 2010
- Aretha Franklin laughs off surgery rumours - Mar 14, 2011
- Britain has 1.5 mn obese adults - Aug 24, 2012
- Fat Kiwi women don't get less sex, contrary to new research - Jul 05, 2010
- Bid adieu to those baggy arms - Jan 16, 2011
- Katona feels confident about toned tummy - Jan 26, 2011
- UAE woman dies after weight-loss surgery - Jan 28, 2012
- Shabana Azmi's Weight Fluctuation For Gurinder Chadha Landed Her In Hospital - Aug 09, 2010
- Weight warning: Avoid crash diets - Jun 13, 2011
- Weight loss lowers diabetics' risk of heart attacks - May 04, 2012