Court asks Ansal Plaza shootout witness to record statementFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 3 (IANS) A city court has sought the testimony of a man who says he had witnessed the shootout at the Ansal Plaza here seven years ago, in which police killed two suspected terrorists. Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjeev Kumar allowed the plea of Hari Krishna, who had said he was an eyewitness of the shootout and wanted to record his testimony but the police were refusing to do so.
The court has asked Hari Krishna to appear before it March 3 and also submit the evidence which proves that the shootout was orchestrated.
On Nov 3, 2002, the Special Cell of Delhi Police killed two suspected terrorists inside the Ansal Plaza parking during evening hours.
Hari Krishna told a press conference Tuesday that he was in the underground parking lot when the unarmed men were gunned down by plainclothes sleuths.
“Now as the court has given us an opportunity to present the evidence, I am determined to prove that it was not an encounter, rather it was a murder,” Hari Krishna said.
Delhi Police said Hari Krishna was not present at the spot when the shootout took place.
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Trial to begin in Batla House shootout case - Feb 15, 2011
- Shootout in US - Aug 31, 2012
- Court summons six cops over shootout - Aug 27, 2011
- Uphaar tragedy: Apex court reduces compensation for victims - Oct 13, 2011
- Fifth Gujarat cop arrested in Sohrabuddin case - May 04, 2010
- Key suspect in Mumbai terror attack held (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Sohrabuddin aide's murder also part of conspiracy: CBI - Aug 25, 2010
- 15 years after Uphaar fire: Victims' kin await justice - Jun 12, 2012
- Batla House shootout: Court paves way for trial (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Court issues summons to Ansal brothers - Apr 24, 2012
- Karachi killing: Four Rangers to be presented in court - Jun 13, 2011
- Court defers Rahul Mahajan drug abuse case - May 03, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist remanded to police custody - Feb 03, 2010
Tags: ansal plaza, delhi police, encounter, evening hours, hari krishna, magistrate, New Delhi, parking lot, plea, sanjeev kumar, seven years, terrorists, testimony, unarmed men, underground parking, witness