Court allows terrorist Fahim Ansari to be taken to MumbaiDecember 12th, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Rampur (Uttar Pradesh), Dec 12 (IANS) A court here Friday allowed the police to take Fahim Ansari, a suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) activist lodged in the Bareilly Central Jail, to Mumbai for questioning about the Mumbai terror attacks.Rampur Additional Sessions Judge Jai Sheel Pathak Friday gave the police the permission to take Fahim Ansari alias Abu Zarrar to Mumbai. The police suspect his involvement in the Nov 26 Mumbai terror attack in which at least 170 people were killed.
Earlier, the Mumbai metropolitan magistrate had ordered the Mumbai Anti Terrorism Squad to bring Fahim Ansari from Bareilly Central Jail to Mumbai.
Fahim is already charged with orchestrating a terror attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Rampur with grenades and other weapons in the early hours of Jan 1, 2008. Seven paramilitary troopers and one civilian were killed in the attack.
Road maps of Mumbai, with important buildings marked, were seized from Ansari, when he was arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police earlier this year.
The hand-drawn rough maps were part of the documents in Fahim Ansari’s case file in the Rampur court.
- Mumbai police get Fahim Ansari's custody (Lead) - Dec 12, 2008
- Additional chargesheet filed against Fahim Ansari - Jun 16, 2010
- Fahim Ansari's bail plea dismissed - Aug 02, 2010
- Fahim Ansari's wife relieved at his acquittal - Aug 30, 2012
- Probe into cops' absence at terror suspect's court appearance - Jun 22, 2010
- Ansari, Ahmed can't walk free - Rampur blast case remains - May 03, 2010
- Fahim Ansari returned to Mumbai from Uttar Pradesh court - Jun 04, 2010
- Two Indians absolved, Pakistani Kasab guilty for 26/11 (Lead) - May 03, 2010
- CRPF camp attack case to be heard July 19 - Jun 30, 2010
- Fahim Ansari, Sabauddin to be tried in Uttar Pradesh - May 03, 2010
- Co-accused Indians acquitted for lack of evidence - Feb 21, 2011
- Suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists sent to police custody - Dec 18, 2008
- Mumbai Police seek remand of LeT men jailed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 11, 2008
- Uttar Pradesh police found Mumbai maps from suspect - Dec 05, 2008
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012