Couple name baby after Kia Carens people carrier!November 20th, 2009 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 20 (ANI): A couple from Poole are said to have named their new born baby daughter after the place she was born in - a Kia Carens people carrier.
Samantha Smyth, 23, and Tony Richardson, 24, had at first decided to name their baby Tilley, but changed their minds when their daughter was born in the vehicle as they were on their way to the Poole Hospital.
The umbilical cord was around Kia’s neck but as the car arrived staff rushed out of the hospital to cut it off.
“She literally came flying out. It was the best birth I’ve had,” Sky News quoted Smyth, now a mother of three, as telling the Daily Echo newspaper in Bournemouth.
“It was horrible to see the umbilical cord but the nurses were so quick it was unbelievable,” she added.
The baby was born two weeks early, weighing in at 6lb 7oz, and Kia Motors have given her parents a new car. (ANI)
- Premature Brit baby survives after being kept warm in bubble wrap bag - Sep 28, 2010
- British couple delivers baby in bathroom - May 17, 2012
- Brit mum gives birth on back seat of car for the 2nd time - Dec 03, 2010
- Texas woman gives birth to six babies - Apr 24, 2012
- Danielle Lloyd's son Harry released from the hospital - Aug 16, 2011
- Amanda Holden has a scary time while giving birth - Jan 26, 2012
- Lauryn Hill is a mum again! - Jul 27, 2011
- Lauryn Hill welcomes her sixth child - Jul 25, 2011
- Samantha Harris Gives Birth To A Baby Girl For The Second Time - Jan 21, 2011
- Samantha Harris blessed with a baby girl - Jan 21, 2011
- World's most premature baby, born at 21 weeks, goes home healthy! - Apr 26, 2011
- Myleene Klass denies that she got a tattoo - Apr 23, 2011
- After 14 miscarriages, mum finally gives birth to a healthy baby - Mar 07, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt, Manyata Dutt: New Members Of Life Cell - Dec 15, 2010
- A Cornish moniker for David Cameron's newborn daughter - Aug 26, 2010