Couple held for selling newborn in MoscowMay 9th, 2012 - 10:59 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 9 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A migrant couple in Moscow has been arrested for trying to sell their newborn child for 150,000 rubles ($3,000).
“Police arrested the woman from Kyrgyzstan and a man from Uzbekistan on Monday… as they tried to sell their newborn child, a girl, for 150,000 rubles,” police said.
Police disguised as a childless couple entered into talks with the woman, 26, and her partner, 23. The sale of the child was set for Monday in southern Moscow where the couple was arrested.
Their daughter was born in Moscow May 4.
- Uzbek couple jailed for selling daughter - Jun 21, 2012
- Woman held for trying to sell own baby - Aug 15, 2012
- Thieves in Moscow replace $700,000 with fakes - Dec 27, 2011
- Woman in Russia jailed for selling newborn son - Jun 03, 2011
- Case filed against mom caught selling toddlers - Jun 02, 2011
- Russian ex-servicemen sentenced for stealing MiG parts - Jun 20, 2012
- Defamation can cost $160,000 in Russia - Jul 30, 2012
- Five killed in car accident near Moscow - Jul 22, 2012
- Russian senators approve anti-opposition bills - Jul 18, 2012
- Russian jailed for 14 years for 2010 bombing - May 31, 2012
- Uzbek woman held with 2,000 tortoises - Apr 05, 2012
- Russian parliament approves heavy fines for protestors - Jun 05, 2012
- Shuttlecock shooters to control crowds in Russia - Jun 07, 2012
- Drug traffickers held carrying heroin in stomach - Dec 27, 2011
- Russian woman held for trying to sell son - Feb 29, 2012