Couple calls ambulance to save catAugust 19th, 2011 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 19 (IANS) A couple in Britain called for emergency medical help to save their “five-year-old” and did not reveal to paramedics that it was actually a cat, a media report said.
Fearing the worst, the paramedics rushed to the house where a five-year-old had gone into cardiac arrest, until they discovered the youngster was actually a cat, Daily Mail reported Friday.
A fast-response car and an ambulance were scrambled at 6.45 a.m. after a desperate couple dialled 999 Aug 10 and pleaded with the emergency operator to revive their “five-year-old”, the newspaper said.
But when the teams arrived at the home in Ware, Hertfordshire, they found a tearful couple clutching their five year-old pet, which later died.
An ambulance spokesman said the call could have meant the difference between life and death for a genuine patient.
“The 999 situation that raises the adrenaline the most is probably being called to a seriously ill child. It’s human nature.
“Fast-response cars and ambulances will be driven at the maximum speed for safety to the scene and paramedics will be mentally prepared to offer their immediate professional assistance,” the Mail quoted a paramedic as saying.
- Couple dial 999 to save their five year old cat - Aug 19, 2011
- Woman jailed for burning fiance` to death - Jan 04, 2012
- Pet owner calls 999 to get rid of irritating cat playing with string! - Dec 30, 2009
- Man plunges to death after girlfriend - Sep 03, 2011
- Ambulance knocks down injured biker - Aug 18, 2011
- VVIP movement, jams biggest roadblocks for Delhi ambulances - Dec 22, 2010
- Wife lures men for sex to kill husband, jailed - Jul 31, 2012
- Gay couple 'spark off Heathrow terror alert' through hoax call - Mar 12, 2011
- UP government rolls out 133 ambulances - Sep 14, 2012
- Ant bite nearly kills man - Nov 03, 2010
- Man jailed for stealing ambulance in Britain - Dec 17, 2011
- Lost cat found 278 miles from home after a year! - Jan 23, 2011
- Brit boy, 5, steals father's car, drives for four miles! - Mar 19, 2010
- She made 800 hoax calls to cops, now faces jail - Dec 30, 2011
- Briton slashes own throat live on internet - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: adrenaline, ambulance, ambulances, cardiac arrest, cars, daily mail, emergency operator, human nature, ill child, life and death, london, maximum speed, medical help, paramedic, paramedics, professional assistance, spokesman, ware hertfordshire, youngster