Couple arrested after Indian man’s body found burnt and dumped, third person to be chargedJanuary 28th, 2010 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Jan.28 (ANI): An Indian couple and a third person will be charged for the murder of a fellow national.
The mutilated and burnt body of 25-year-old Indian national, Ranjodh Singh, was found by a passer-by on Wilga Road, Willbriggie, in Sydney’s South on December 29, The Daily Telegraph reports.
“We believe there was a common purpose - to kill Mr. Singh,” Assistant Commissioner Mark Murdoch was quoted, as saying.
He described the crime as being “at the upper end of the sorts of murders that police have to deal with”.
The third person was a casual fruit picker working in the Griffith area.
The couple being interviewed at Kogarah Police Station, both Indian nationals, and a third person were believed to know Mr Singh through their work.
The man, 23, was arrested whilst cleaning a car in a Sans Souci carwash, his manager said. The woman, 20, was arrested at a nearby house inhabited by other Indian nationals.
Both were believed to have lived in Griffith but fled to Sydney following Mr Singh’s murder.
Officers have made a number of public appeals for assistance with the local Wagga and Griffith communities providing significant information leading to today’s arrests.
The Coroner has released the body of Mr Singh and his remains will today be returned to his family in India. (ANI)
- Indian couple charged for killing, burning Ranjodh Singh - Jan 28, 2010
- Third arrest made in murder of Ranjodh Singh - Jan 29, 2010
- Two arrested for Indian's murder in Australia - Jan 28, 2010
- Indian couple arrested for killing countryman in Australia - Jan 29, 2010
- Oz police question two men in connection with Ranjodh Singh's murder - Jan 10, 2010
- Man accused of killing Indian in Australia cleared of charge - Aug 02, 2012
- Two men questioned in Sydney over Indian's murder - Jan 10, 2010
- Oz police looking for red Ford Falcon car in connection with Ranjodh Singh's murder - Jan 08, 2010
- Fellow Indians held in Australia over gruesome slaying - Jan 29, 2010
- Avoid Australia for now, follow advisory: India (Lead) - Jan 29, 2010
- Ranjodh Singh's body arrives from Australia - Jan 29, 2010
- Australian envoy welcomes arrests over Indian's murder - Jan 29, 2010
- Oz Police renews appeal to identify charred body of Indian - Jan 05, 2010
- Three arrested for Haryana girl's rape, murder (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Don't visit Australia for now: Preneet Kaur - Jan 29, 2010
Tags: assistant commissioner, commissioner mark, common purpose, coroner, daily telegraph, december 29, fruit picker, indian couple, indian man, indian nationals, jan 28, mr singh, murders, murdoch, police station, s south, sans souci, telegraph reports, third person, wagga