Count Bismarck injected cocaine every hourNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:02 am ICT by admin
The Count, 44, was found alone in his near-empty Chelsea flat on July 2 by an estate agent who had been asked to check on him by his father, Prince Ferdinand von Bismarck.
His body was lying on a low mattress, his arm exposed and blackened. It is believed that he died two or possibly three days earlier.
Coroner Dr Paul Knapman, at Westminster Coroner’s Court, today ruled that the Count died as a result of drug dependency.
The post-mortem found that he died of cardio-respiratory caused by his massive drug intake - very high levels of cocaine and morphine that could have come from heroin were found in his body.
The Count also had a damaged liver caused in part by years of abuse, and hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV infection.
Von Bismark led a glamourous but troubled life, which included being a homosexual, and throwing wild all-night parties at his five million pound flat off Sloane Square.
The last person to see the Count alive was his friend, Paul Hillstead, who described him as being very much on the edge. (ANI)
- Fashion designer Alexander McQueen hanged himself in wardrobe - Feb 18, 2010
- Couple plunges 350 ft by driving over suicide cliff - Aug 19, 2011
- Defence ministry official killed wife after fight over childless state? - Apr 03, 2012
- Omar speaks to Khurshid over custodial death - Oct 09, 2011
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Homeless sleeping in bin crushed to death - Sep 07, 2012
- Alexander McQueen took cocktail of drugs before hanging himself - Apr 29, 2010
- Retired professor found dead in Lucknow - Dec 30, 2010
- Elderly parents, two sons found dead in Pune - Mar 24, 2011
- Youth dies during run meant for railway recruitment - Apr 21, 2011
- Another Kolkata man dies near burnt laptop - Feb 05, 2012
- Human remains found in south London garden - Nov 23, 2011
- Afghan doctor found dead in Delhi - Jun 22, 2011
- British billionaire 'lived with wife's body for four days' - Jul 12, 2012
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: cocaine, coroner, damaged liver, dr paul knapman, drug dependency, friend paul, glamourous, hepatitis b, hepatitis c, hiv infection, iron chancellor, night parties, otto von bismarck, otto von bismarck germany, post mortem, prince otto von bismarck, sloane square, troubled life