Cornwall chef left shell-shocked after discovering perfectly round eggOctober 14th, 2010 - 1:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 14 (ANI): A hotel chef in Cornwall preparing breakfast was left stunned after he found a perfectly round egg.
James Church was working the early shift in Newquay, when he discovered the egg. He was about to crack the freaky egg to make a fry-up for guests at The Hotel Bristol when he noticed it wasn’t oval, as he would have expected.
“I’ve probably cracked at least 100,000 eggs in my time as a chef but I’ve never seen one like this. I managed to save it from the frying pan and I’m definitely going to keep it,” The Daily Mail quoted Church as saying.
The two-and-a-half inch oddity is now in a special plastic case for its own protection.
“I don’t want to get it mixed up with any others in my fridge by mistake. He added: ‘We get trays of free range eggs delivered in the morning and I was cracking them ready to make breakfast for the guests. I pulled out one tray and spotted this perfectly round egg. I stood for a few moments in awe because I had never seen anything like it,” he said.
“I called everyone in the kitchen over and they stood around it too, because they had never seen anything like it either,” Church added.
James, who has worked in the kitchen for eight years, said he plans to keep the egg indefinitely in his fridge at home. (ANI)
- Cornwall chef's perfectly round egg is a billion-to-one discovery - Oct 14, 2010
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Why the traditional English breakfast of bacon, eggs could soon be history - Jan 25, 2011
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Cruise's family cooks together at Christmas - Dec 25, 2011
- New York Chef Raj Bradston Eliminated From ''Hell's Kitchen" - Oct 01, 2010
- India is changing by the minute: Italian restaurateur - Aug 29, 2011
- Celebs share their hangover cures - Dec 30, 2009
- Jake Gyllenhaal freaked out by body double - Apr 04, 2011
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Wah Taj! Kashmir's first luxe resort opens its doors (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Book launched on coastal Maharashtrian cuisine - Feb 03, 2012
- Indian cuisines coexist, promote tolerance: Australian restaurateur - Nov 16, 2011
- Newquay in UK seeing more booze, sex on the beach than Ibiza of Spain - Aug 16, 2010
- Queen's head chef promises 'best of British produce' at Royal wedding - Mar 29, 2011